Was Deon Belue pulled in the second half

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
I believe Ha Ha made the pick before half, which was very fortunate the ball was under thrown. He was out of position. He should have been over the top. The receiver was open. But yes, Belue has been exposed since LSU and has really struggled. I think that's why we've seen more of Geno Smith.

RTR '12!

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Smith was playing 3rd DB in dime. I'm pretty sure both were out there. I'll go back and double check on the replay.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Guys we did just play one of the better passing attacks in the SEC, and they can also run the ball, so it's not surprising that they could make a few plays on us, this isn't last years defense.

I think Belue will get better, and of course ND doesn't have the QB and WRs to give us the same trouble as UGA.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Guys we did just play one of the better passing attacks in the SEC, and they can also run the ball, so it's not surprising that they could make a few plays on us, this isn't last years defense.

I think Belue will get better, and of course ND doesn't have the QB and WRs to give us the same trouble as UGA.
He'll get better but he has to learn to turn and find the ball. His coverage isn't bad, he just doesn't locate the ball and it goes right by him.
If he'd simply turn and look some of those completions could easily be picks.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
He was attempting to cover a WR when an NFL QB had time to throw. Not an easy task.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
He'll get better but he has to learn to turn and find the ball. His coverage isn't bad, he just doesn't locate the ball and it goes right by him.
If he'd simply turn and look some of those completions could easily be picks.
Totally agree with this. It's not his coverage skills, per se, that give him trouble. It's his instinctiveness to turn and find the ball. More often than not, he's right with the receiver; but doesn't turn to find the ball and the catch is made.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
If we will all think back to 2010, Milner struggled when he was new to the system as well. Now Milner is one of the best in the college game.

Johnwants#15

1st Team
Nov 30, 2005

Agree

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
If we will all think back to 2010, Milner struggled when he was new to the system as well. Now Milner is one of the best in the college game.
Well said. Belue will be a gamer. I look for ALL the guys to show improvement come January; and that should scare the Fightin' Amish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.