Blog: Latest Bama News 12/2/12 SEC Championship Edition

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Re: Latest Bama 12/2/12

“I knew my teammates needed me. It never crossed my mind to come out of the game,” said Jones, Alabama’s senior center and one of the pillars of a Crimson Tide offensive line that took matters into its own hands when it looked like Georgia might be on its way to blocking Alabama’s path to history. “There were a lot of questions before the game about who was the more physical team. I’d say most of those questions were answered.”

Alabama's offensive line paves the way-SEC BLOG ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

With Alabama down three points and the SEC title and a shot at the national title hanging in the balance, Nick Saban put the game in the hands of two freshmen. Two players barely a year out of high school football would decide the fate of Alabama’s 2012 season. Boy did it pay off. “Two big plays by freshmen there,” senior center Barrett Jones said. Big doesn’t even begin to describe them. You need more hyperbole for this one, like mammoth or gargantuan.

Cooper, Yeldon own Saturday's big stage-SEC BLOG ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Alabama won its first SEC championship since 2009, handing Georgia an SEC championship game loss for the second straight season. The Tide got it done on the ground. They ran for 350 rushing yards, the most in SEC championship game history. Eddie Lacy and T.J. Yeldon became the first teammates to each run for 100 yards in SEC championship game history. Lacy’s 181 rushing yards are the third-most in the history of the SEC title game.
Some stats

Alabama powers its way to SEC title-SEC BLOG ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Two arms raised in the air. Four fingers held high on both hands.The fourth quarter belongs to Alabama. Strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran makes sure of it.He screams. He jumps up and down as if on a trampoline. He’s a cheerleader on the sidelines, but a grueling taskmaster in the weight room.Largely because of him, Alabama players excel when the game is on the line. They believe; they know they are physically superior when the going gets tough.Other teams often wilt when the game is four quarters deep. Alabama gets its second wind.

Jon Johnson column: Cochran proves to be Alabama's unsung hero-dothaneagle.com

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.