Who's Pulling for the Huskies of NIU?

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
Nah, was just emphasizing my point - it's easy to gloss over the implications of the non-championship BCS games, I think it's important that everyone realizes how badly the BCS was framed and how it's screwing the SEC (read: Bama) out of MILLIONS of dollars in annual revenue.

It's a HUGE deal to me and I'm sure most every SEC president and AD would agree.
You bet they agree. Those of us who care about our share of the SEC pie should be furious about the rules regarding BCS participation. The only major positive to come from the BCS system relative to the old way of doing things is the guarantee of a 1 vs 2 matchup -- and even that isn't perfect. That being said, I don't want it replaced with a system that continues to put undeserving teams in a play-off simply because people want to see the "little guy" in there. The BCS system could be greatly improved simply by eliminating the teams per conference rule. However, that brings up the anti-trust aspect of the whole deal, right? I'm an educator, not a lawyer. What is the best system that could be put in place that wouldn't be the target of anti-trust litigation?

MVKTR2

1st Team
May 29, 2008
Per the OP, NOT ME! I hope they get trucked by 50 or 70, 95 wouldn't hurt my feelings. It's a shame UGA, LSU, even Oklahoma (annually overrated as they are) have to take a backseat to the NIUs of the world.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.