Who's Pulling for the Huskies of NIU?

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I loved Jordan Lynch's comment on Gameday tonight. His quote was; "We deserve to play in the BCS. We've won a ton of games, we won our conference, and we go into every MAC game with a big target on our back, so yes we deserve to be there." Really Jordan? You have a target on your back against all the MAC teams? That's like saying you are the most picked on kid in your homeschool. That's like saying you won an ice cream eating contest against someone who is lactose intolerant. I can't wait to see Florida State run the out of the stadium.

I loved Jordan Lynch's comment on Gameday tonight. His quote was; "We deserve to play in the BCS. We've won a ton of games, we won our conference, and we go into every MAC game with a big target on our back, so yes we deserve to be there." Really Jordan? You have a target on your back against all the MAC teams? That's like saying you are the most picked on kid in your homeschool. That's like saying you won an ice cream eating contest against someone who is lactose intolerant. I can't wait to see Florida State run the out of the stadium.
Yes, he also said they deserved to be there because they beat #17 Kent State. hahahahahahhahahah. didn't Kentucky beat them too? Lets throw Kentucky against NIU and gimme the Big Blue -3

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Yes, he also said they deserved to be there because they beat #17 Kent State. hahahahahahhahahah. didn't Kentucky beat them too? Lets throw Kentucky against NIU and gimme the Big Blue -3

Not only did Kentucky beat them, they demolished them by 33. If you lose to anyone by 33, much less Kentucky, you probably shouldn't be in consideration for the BCS. Jus sayin

Last edited by a moderator:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
i just don't see the big deal here. Hawaii, Boise (2x i think), and TCU have all been non-AQ teams that made the BCS. They don't deserve it any less than those teams. NIU has been more than solid for some time now and, along with ND, have the longest current winning streak in NCAAF
FYI...the other teams you just compared NIU to were undefeated. NIU lost a game to...[clears throat]...Iowa...[clears throat]...that's 4-8 Iowa.

Last edited:

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Well- If I actually thought that it would change the way the BCS does things with these limitations and stupid rules then I'm all for FSU putting it on 'em. But I don't think it will change anything so i think it would be funny to watch Jimbo squirm and possibly lose this game. Besides- I hate being the only big name school that the Huskies have ever beaten (within the last decade at least) let 'em add FSU to that list.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
You guys need to lighten up some.. Go Huskies! They are more deserving than Louisville...
This is hilarious. Who said Louisville is deserving??? Neither team is deserving. The current BCS is a HUGE problem. Only the NC and Fiesta bowl matchups are good.

I hope NIU and Louisville lose by 30+.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
NIU beat Buffalo 45-3. UGA beat Buffalo 45-23.

I have no issue with it. It's not even in the top 10 biggest BCS game screw ups.

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I hope NIU is completely destroyed. The only way this game would be fun to watch would be if the old Cumberland College record were to fall. Putting them in a BCS game is a joke on football fans and an insult to major football teams.

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
If this was a 16-team playoff, NIU would be seeded #15 and would play the #2 seed. (For the benefit of any barners reading, that team would be Alabama.) Since NIU isn't close to being one of the top 50 teams in the nation, they would have absolutely no chance against that particular team. Therefore, their only real shot at victory would be to put the other team's best players out. Chop-blocks, late hits, you name it -- and why not? Take a few penalties, win a few games, and collect millions of dollars. (Please note that I'm only using the current teams as an example. I'm sure NIU would not stoop to such a level, regardless of the money involved.)

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
I love how suddenly the Orange Bowl became some sacrosanct entity. People seem to forget that once it #1 and #2 were selected, the BCS Bowls were NEVER about placing the most qualified teams in the remaining spots. The BCS itself put this rule in place so it wouldn't get hit with an anti-trust lawsuit.
And isn't that sad? To avoid lawsuits brought by schools with no chance at the BCS money, we're now guaranteed a chance at one good bowl game a year.Wait until the playoff system starts and all the directional schools feel left out. It's way past time for the major conferences to separate from the NCAA and form their own system. I know it's been tried before, but maybe it would work this time. Otherwise, we could end up with federally-mandated revenue sharing in college football. Wouldn't that be great? We could even draw names out of a big fishbowl to determine who gets which recruit. Parity is so interesting.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
NIU wasn't selected for a BCS game. That's not how it this worked out. It's like saying UGA was selected for the SECCG..

And isn't that sad? To avoid lawsuits brought by schools with no chance at the BCS money, we're now guaranteed a chance at one good bowl game a year.Wait until the playoff system starts and all the directional schools feel left out. It's way past time for the major conferences to separate from the NCAA and form their own system. I know it's been tried before, but maybe it would work this time. Otherwise, we could end up with federally-mandated revenue sharing in college football. Wouldn't that be great? We could even draw names out of a big fishbowl to determine who gets which recruit. Parity is so interesting.
Not sad to me considering the Orange Bowl is just another bowl game. Everything past the BCS Championship is just another bowl game.

And the whole "split from the NCAA" system argue is incredibly tired considering the major conferences make up the NCAA and could have split at any time now. They aren't leaving so please get that idea out of your system.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I wonder if NIU will have more than 1000 fans there. The ESPN crew said something about their average attendance this year being 15,600 per game. This is a joke. Who wants to watch FSU-NIU, or even Florida-Louisville. Krymsonman

I wonder if NIU will have more than 1000 fans there. The ESPN crew said something about their average attendance this year being 15,600 per game. This is a joke. Who wants to watch FSU-NIU, or even Florida-Louisville. Krymsonman
I doubt the people running the Orange Bowl, the same who will be running the Alabama/Notre Dame game, will be complaining much.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.