Early Lines for SEC Bowl Games

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
TideFans.com neither promotes nor condones gambling of any kind. These numbers are for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy!

Discover BCS National Championship

Alabama opened as a 10.5 point favorite over the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame (per 5Dimes)

Chick-fil-A Bowl
LSU opens as a 7 point favorite over the Clemson Tigers

Allstate Sugar Bowl
Florida opens as a 16.5 point favorite over Louisville (that line moved quickly to 15.5)

AT&T Cotton Bowl
Texas A&M opens as a 5 point favorite over Oklahoma

Capital One Bowl
Georgia opens as a 12.5 point favorite over Nebraska

Outback Bowl
South Carolina opens as a 6.5 point favorite over Michigan

TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl
Mississippi State opens as a 2 point favorite over Northwestern

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Vanderbilt opens as a -7 favorite over NC State

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I'm guessing since they weren't mentioned that there is no line for Ole Miss yet. You know Ole Miss will be favored over Pitt, so that would be 9 SEC bowl games in which the southern team is favored.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
This is shaping up as one of the worst bowl seasons ever, as far as competitive games go. Hopefully, this will spur some changes in the BCS rules.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
This is shaping up as one of the worst bowl seasons ever, as far as competitive games go. Hopefully, this will spur some changes in the BCS rules.
IIRC, starting in 2014, the selection committee will pick the 4 teams in the playoff. The remainder of the bowls will be free to pick who they want. So I don't think we'll have a situation where the Orange Bowl is forced to pick NIU over a deserving SEC team and the Sugar Bowl is forced to pick Louisville over Oklahoma.

Also, I'm really liking LSU to cover that spread easily.

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
SEC has a pretty good chance to win ALL of these games. That's the action my money would be on, you might could get 5 to 1 on that.
Has that ever been done with that many conference teams? I would think a 9 game parlay would be at least 5-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.