So Who Gets Your Heisman Vote?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
At mid-season there was no doubt in my mind that Collin Klein was the best overall player. Then Baylor happened.

Manziel is certainly outstanding but Florida and LSU shut him down in two losses and, honestly, without the win against us I don't think he'd be a serious candidate.

Te'o was one of the best defensive players in recent memory and without him and his big plays in critical situations Notre Dame may very well be 7-5. He is definitely the leader of their undefeated team.

For that those reasons I'd give him the nod.

You?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You're nuts Sip, even though you're one of my favorites.

If Johnny Sidearm doesn't win it, throw it away. But don't be surprised if there's not an agreement with Big 12 and Northeast voters and the undeserving Irish player gets it. Remember - they robbed Tebow in 2008 by simply not putting him on the ballot.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
That is the one player in the entire country I wish we had on the team right now. He gets my Heisman vote in this regard.
If he was one of the finalists I'd vote for him to. If we had him we'd be illegal lol..
They announced earlier that only three finalists were invited to New York and those are the one's I compared.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Manziel didn't play that terribly against LSU and Florida when you consider they are two of the best defensive units in the nation. He absolutely torched Alabama, who statistically is the best defense in the nation, in his last truly big game.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Manziel didn't play that terribly against LSU and Florida when you consider they are two of the best defensive units in the nation. He absolutely torched Alabama, who statistically is the best defense in the nation, in his last truly big game.
He certainly played lights out that's for certain.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I will say, that I forgot that he three 3 INTs in that LSU game. He actually had a pretty effective and efficient day against Florida.

I think his flawless Alabama game more than makes up for the mistakes he made in the LSU game.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Johnny Manzeil. Most electric, dynamic player on the field this season. had the ability to affect the outcome of a game with his arm or legs. broke the SEC record for total yardage; set by tim tebow who won the heisman, broken by cam newton who won the heisman, and then broken again by him. had a major game against us on the biggest of stages, in our home stadium, where he was the single biggest reason they won the game...made plays that were amazing.

...and TAMU would not be 10-2 coming into the SEC conference from the big12 without him and the plays he made, no doubt about that fact.

...Without a doubt should be the first freshman to get the award, IM humble O, of course.

Last edited:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
If he was one of the finalists I'd vote for him to. If we had him we'd be illegal lol..
They announced earlier that only three finalists were invited to New York and those are the one's I compared.
Our defense with a great pass rusher would have been awesome.
I would go with Manziel. The dual threat QB's have taken the place of the RB's in glamor, but they are a more diverse lot. Which makes it a little interesting.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
All things considered, this would be my ballot:

1. Barrett Jones
2. Chance Warmack
3. AJ McCarron

Homer or not -- I wouldn't trade any of these three fellas for any other players out there.

Cadillac55

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 18, 2010
Totally agree with this statement as I have made similar statements in the conversations I have had with friends.....

If Johnny Sidearm doesn't win it, throw it away. But don't be surprised if there's not an agreement with Big 12 and Northeast voters and the undeserving Irish player gets it. Remember - they robbed Tebow in 2008 by simply not putting him on the ballot.[/QUOTE]

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
You're nuts Sip, even though you're one of my favorites.

If Johnny Sidearm doesn't win it, throw it away. But don't be surprised if there's not an agreement with Big 12 and Northeast voters and the undeserving Irish player gets it. Remember - they robbed Tebow in 2008 by simply not putting him on the ballot.
In the immortal words of Waylon Jennings.."I've always been crazy but it keeps me from going insane"! :)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Our defense with a great pass rusher would have been awesome.
I would go with Manziel. The dual threat QB's have taken the place of the RB's in glamor, but they are a more diverse lot. Which makes it a little interesting.
For some strange reason I'm starting to arrive at the opinion that my choice of Manti Te'o is in the slight minority...lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.