Arkansas hires Wisconsin HC Bret Bielema

spiguy

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 14, 2006
Twitter blowing up now that Arky has hired Wisconsin coach.
Any confirmation?

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
Re: Brett B to Arkansas?

Just got a text alert from ESPN saying that he has accepted and it isn't known if he will coach in the Rose Bowl. Good Hire imo but he doesn't scare me from a recruiting or x's and o's standpoint.

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic JBama. Anyways it's also on ESPN's bottom line as breaking news.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

Seems to be all over Twitter at this point. Doesn't mean that is a done deal but seems like it has gathered a ton of steam. Pretty surprising to me considering all the smoke around Gundy. Don't really remember his name being thrown around a lot. Kind of surprised that he would leave Wisconsin for Arkansas, but seems to show just how big the SEC has gotten now.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

edsbs ‏@edsbs
oh man Bret Bielema complained about Urban's recruiting whooooohoooo that's gone be fun in the SEC

dam Hoge ‏@AdamHogeCBS
Bret Bielema last winter: "We at the Big Ten don’t want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form.”

edsbs ‏@edsbs
Bret Bielema is gonna get forklift fat.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012

I'm definitely not an expert, but I think it will be way easier to recruit at Arkansas than Wisconsin just because of the location and conference. The weather is terrible in Wisconsin.

And I wasn't really implying that it he would make Arkansas someone Alabama has to worry about every year. I just think he was better than I expected out of them.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I'm definitely not an expert, but I think it will be way easier to recruit at Arkansas than Wisconsin just because of the location and conference. The weather is terrible in Wisconsin.

And I wasn't really implying that it he would make Arkansas someone Alabama has to worry about every year. I just think he was better than I expected out of them.
IMO, Malzahn would have been a much better hire, and he's not a great hire...

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA

Think it's hilarious he griped and moaned about how Urban Meyer recruited at Ohio St (talking to players who had already committed elsewhere).... Don't think he knows what he's getting himself into.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.