Link: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

Look at the most prominent coaches in waiting (Fisher and Muschamp). Jimbo never interviewed for another job, IIRC, once he received the new title. Muschamp only interviewed for the UF job. Kirby's interviewed for at least one job the last three off seasons.
CNS always say's he encourages his coaches to interview for jobs just for the practice. Doing things like that will help them in the long run even if they stay or go. RTR

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

The more your name is associated with quality openings, the more quality openings interview you. I guarantee you that Smart will get a serious discussion with every major opening next year. He's set himself up quite well.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Didn't think it was possible to be happier than I was Saturday night. Welcome home, Malzahns!!!
WOW..She honestly acts like someone that's on crystal meth..Could you imagine going home to her every night..I'd be staying at the office to 1-2 in the morning as well Gus..She represents auburn quite well if ya ask me..That fan base deserves her..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Auburn Presser Announcing Gus

Just comparing this with when CNS was announced. Much less professional down there on the plains. The good ole boys lined up in support behind him. Very non-specific answers from old Gus. Polar opposite from CNS!

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

In the interview Gus said he has not watched AU this year as he was too busy with his own team which is fully understandable. Then he answers another question saying he is fully aware of all the shortcomings at the different positions at AU. One of those answers was a falsehood. He is going to fit right in. :)

Edit/Caveat- On the other hand I guess there are shortcomings pretty much at every position.

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Dude on ESPN just said this: while Nick Saban prepares for the Irish, the rest of the SEC West is preparing for him.

All I could do is smile...

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

Well, I wonder if there are any dual threat troubled shooting star quarterbacks on the market next year? We'll soon know I suppose.

fireater

All-SEC
Oct 12, 2008
Laramie, WY

What I heard at the end of the press conference was JJ saying 'we are broke'....this is all we can afford. Not quoting, but that was the message.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

WOW..She honestly acts like someone that's on crystal meth..Could you imagine going home to her every night..I'd be staying at the office to 1-2 in the morning as well Gus..She represents auburn quite well if ya ask me..That fan base deserves her..
That nutcase practically insures Gus will be the hardest working HC in America...........

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.