Question: BCSCG Officials...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Does anyone know about their selection? It seems to me that, in the past, they couldn't come from either participant's conference, but how does Notre Dame being an indy fit in with that?

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Earle,
From all I've found states they will come from one of the 6 AQ conferences, minus consideration if a team from that conference is in the game. I haven't seen anything on which conference is officiating this year.

It is a task that is considered both a reward and a huge responsibility, according to Rogers Redding, the national coordinator for college football officiating.

As Redding explained, the selection of the officiating crew is based in part on rotation as well as expertise. Only crews from the six automatic qualifier conferences -- SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Big East and Pac 12 -- are considered, and crews from conferences represented in the game are not eligible to officiate.
That was from an article before last years BSCNCG btw...

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
Notre Dame uses Big East crews, which I assume would eliminate them from contention along with SEC officials.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Big 12 officiated last year, so if they rotate it we are down to Pac 12 or little 10 :) ... of course ND doesn't particiate in ACC football...so I suppose they could be in the mix also...

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
From what I've heard, the crew is supposed to be from the PAC-12. I'm not certain that's a fact, but it's out there.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The poor SEC officials never get to do it. ;)
Fine by me, there have been a lot of times in OOC games that it seems like the SEC refs are going out of their way with the calls to make it obvious they're not home-cooking to the point of away-cooking. Have no proof of this, just a general feeling sometimes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.