Players Forgoing Senior Year to Go Pro

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Also of note, Florida safety Matt Elam is declaring also. For my money, one of the top DBs in the conference and country this year. He was as instrumental as anyone in Florida defeating LSU this season.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Robert Woods, USC WR, is going pro. Mr. Woods had these parting words (indirectly) for Lane Kiffin and his staff

"If the coaches wanted to keep me another year, they would’ve probably got me the ball."

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
There is at least a faction of SC players who are unhappy with Kiffin and were/are politicking to get him fired
I'm gonna go with May and the Drooler on this one; USC can't fire him. Who would they get to replace him? It's in their best interest to let him ride them through the scholly follies, then hire someone decent. Besides, (for some unknown reason), Haden supposedly likes him. It can't be him, has to be his wife. :smile:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here are the 13 SEC players that have declared thus far...

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Alvin Bailey, OL, Arkansas
Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn
Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
Matt Elam, S, Florida
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Kevin Minter, LB, LSU

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Here are the 13 SEC players that have declared thus far...

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Alvin Bailey, OL, Arkansas
Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn
Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
Matt Elam, S, Florida
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
No Lacy or Milliner?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No Lacy or Milliner?
Those are the 13 that have officially announced. Both Lacy and Milliner said last week they will decide after the season.

Elam and Floyd told reporters in the locker room last night they will go pro. Probably a good indication about the mindset of some of the UF players.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Those are the 13 that have officially announced. Both Lacy and Milliner said last week they will decide after the season.

Elam and Floyd told reporters in the locker room last night they will go pro. Probably a good indication about the mindset of some of the UF players.
I agree that was not the time or place for those statements but both of those guys played well enough to win. The loss was not on them.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Oh, ok. I thought they had already declared

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Non SEC, but a good trio from Mich St...running back Le'Veon Bell, tight end Dion Sims and defensive end William Gholston

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.