Question: Alabama injuries

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Kenny Bell, DeAndrew White, Dee Hart, and Jalston Fowler will all be out though I think Kenny Bell might be able to do some non-contact things around the week of the game. I wouldn't expect him to play.

I think Ed Stinson, Jesse Williams, and Barrett Jones are both going to be fine by the time we practice. I'm still in awe that Jesse didn't shred his whole knee. I wish we could get more information about that in this thread.

Either way, the 5 weeks and a few weeks of minimal contact is going to be huge for people like Lacy and McCarron who are nursing some minor nicks and bruises.

Kenny Bell, DeAndrew White, Dee Hart, and Jalston Fowler will all be out though I think Kenny Bell might be able to do some non-contact things around the week of the game. I wouldn't expect him to play.

I think Ed Stinson, Jesse Williams, and Barrett Jones are both going to be fine by the time we practice. I'm still in awe that Jesse didn't shred his whole knee. I wish we could get more information about that in this thread.

Either way, the 5 weeks and a few weeks of minimal contact is going to be huge for people like Lacy and McCarron who are nursing some minor nicks and bruises.
Other than his hand, Lacy didn't really look hurt.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Yeldon and Cooper also took a beating, and need time to recover.
Seems that lots of guys played thru minor injuries that were never made public.
(Why advertise our injuries to help opposing teams?)

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
His upper body is freaking enormous. I miss watching him play so much. I feel as if he had not been hurt, we pound the rock on A&M and win that game.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Be good to shore up the depth in the middle of the D with Ivory on two good ankles as well.
I heard that! This is the one part of the D that worries me. Williams, Ivory and Lake are great when healthy but when one goes down and another is hobbled we really struggle.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
His upper body is freaking enormous. I miss watching him play so much. I feel as if he had not been hurt, we pound the rock on A&M and win that game.
Not to nit pick but my opinion is that if we had just committed to the run, with or without Jalston we could have won the game. Glad we didn't make the same mistake against UGA!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Lacy was a little dinged up in the head after that hit - which should have been a penalty - in that game (WOW you mean Alabama doesn't get all the protection from the SEC?!). We might have not needed Jalston often this season, but that was one of the few times where having another big back could have paid some dividends. I can't help but think that the biggest reason we passed on first down was because Yeldon just wasn't getting those "hard earned" yards where you have to attack the unblocked man in that game. Lacy didn't have a no gainer all night against TAMU.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I think that Jalston Fowler would have made a difference on that last offensive drive in the UGA game. With a healthy Fowler in the game, Alabama proabably gets a first down and UGA doesn't get the back ball.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Sure wish we had Fowler. I loved us running the I with him just as much as I love that we have an anti-gravity treadmill.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.