WR Eldridge Massington Commits to UCLA

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
This kid is taking a visit. Makes me wonder if we know we are missing out on Foster. Seems like a good pickup but is rehabbing a knee injury. There is an article on al.com on him. 4* and previous USCw commit but wants to be an early enrollee.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: Eldridge Massington

This is getting in on a kid we wanted before he committed to USCW. High character kid that can play. Only reason he is at 147 in 24/7 rankings is because he tore his ACL at a camp. (this should show you how good he really is) 6'3" 200 and ran his junior year a 10.5 10.6 100 meter. Lastly, he is a EE and will only come if he can do that to continue rehabbing his knee. Foster is still status quo Big lead.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Kid was interviewed on a certain radio program in Bham this evening. Sounds like a class act and named us a favorite, but said he will still make a few other visits. Would we take BOTH him and Foster?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Is he a good PK/KR?

We need another Javier...........:cool2:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Is he a good PK/KR?

We need another Javier...........:cool2:
I'm not sure if the team really needs kickoff return guy so much as a punt return guy. Alabama is 10.18 on punt return yardage this year with 0 TDs. Contrast that to Javy who averaged 14.0 in his Alabama career with 7 TDs and that's a pretty big difference. Imagine what the team could do with an average of four extra yards per punt return...

So, I'm with you on how important anyone that can return punts well could be. That's not impossible either, there are 5 teams with over a 15 yard average on punt returns (including Missouri) and Florida St. has returned 37 punts for an average of 14.49 yards and 3 TDs.

If Alabama can take turn special teams into a weapon again they'll be nearly unstoppable.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I'm not sure if the team really needs kickoff return guy so much as a punt return guy. Alabama is 10.18 on punt return yardage this year with 0 TDs. Contrast that to Javy who averaged 14.0 in his Alabama career with 7 TDs and that's a pretty big difference. Imagine what the team could do with an average of four extra yards per punt return...

So, I'm with you on how important anyone that can return punts well could be. That's not impossible either, there are 5 teams with over a 15 yard average on punt returns (including Missouri) and Florida St. has returned 37 punts for an average of 14.49 yards and 3 TDs.

If Alabama can take turn special teams into a weapon again they'll be nearly unstoppable.

Our receiving corps is banged up, sure. But against Georgia, only one player consistently got open against UGA. Every year we've tried to upgrade the overall talent in the passing game. Why stop now?

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

My only concern here is if we have room. I figure we only have 6 or 7 spots available. I think we take him if we can fit him. It also excites me that USC commits are falling off. I hope the program blows up in Kiffin's face.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

So he is supposed to know by Wednesday whether or not we have a slot open for January. Had a food visit by all accounts.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Him and the OL Knevel from Canada were both told they have offers. Both also want to enroll in Jan and were told they will know by Wednesday if possible. Sounds like both want to join the Tide.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL

Him and the OL Knevel from Canada were both told they have offers. Both also want to enroll in Jan and were told they will know by Wednesday if possible. Sounds like both want to join the Tide.
Hopefully both will be able to EE.

Last edited:

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
WR Eldridge Massington Updates

Yup

Eldridge Massington, a four-star wide receiver from West High School in Mesquite, Texas, was among the visitors. Massington recently decommitted from Southern California. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound prospect wants to enroll in January, and the Alabama coaching staff will inform him this week if any room is available. Massington lists Alabama as his top choice and will visit Arizona State this weekend.
“You basically have to earn everything you get here,” Massington said. “I feel like all they do is work. It’s a hard-working team. If you don’t like to work, this isn’t the place for you. They are No. 1 for me right now.”

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: WR Eldridge Massington Updates

Looks like we can and probably will get him provided that we can find a spot for him to enroll early.

Numbers crunch is going to be close, though. We've already got several early enrollments lined up, and we are still courting Brandon Hill too.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

My only concern here is if we have room. I figure we only have 6 or 7 spots available. I think we take him if we can fit him. It also excites me that USC commits are falling off. I hope the program blows up in Kiffin's face.

from pre-season #1 to unranked through the season...5 losses with their preseason heisman front running QB adn two first round WR's...firing his father as the defensive coordinator to save his own job for one more season...it already has blown up in his face...

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

from pre-season #1 to unranked through the season...5 losses with their preseason heisman front running QB adn two first round WR's...firing his father as the defensive coordinator to save his own job for one more season...it already has blown up in his face...
We can always hope for more destruction. :)

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

That's not so bad is it? :)

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

kid is JUST outside the espnu 150...gotta find some room for him. likes the pro style offenses and said "i love alabama" :p_green:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.