Barrett Jones is one high class young man!

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
One of the ND posters got a chance to meet him, and had nothing but great things to say. It also seems Jones and Te'o have become friends, and that doesn't surprise me as they both seem to be role models.

Class programs. Classy young men. Here's to a great MNC game.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Nice post, but I freaking hate people saying MNC. Nothing mythical about it. Mythical is dragons and dwarfs. Ask BJones and Teo if its mythical.

One of the ND posters got a chance to meet him, and had nothing but great things to say. It also seems Jones and Te'o have become friends, and that doesn't surprise me as they both seem to be role models.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

They are both great ambassadors of their programs.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Barrett is the type of man I hope to marry one day. Good head on his shoulders, but most importantly his faith is important to him. Love it.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Barrett is the type of man I hope to marry one day. Good head on his shoulders, but most importantly his faith is important to him. Love it.

I wonder how he will do in the NFL. I bet he will keep to himself or find someone like himself to be friends with. He definitely won't be getting into the trouble that some players fall into.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

One problem with your post. This BCS Championship game isn't Mythical. It's the NC, not the MNC.

The only people who say Mythical are fans of teams who haven't won one. Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, etc...

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
Hahahaha, well played. We may quibble about what to call it, but it's all we have at the moment. The reason I call it 'mythical', is there are many championships which should have been won by a team other than the one listed. All of us have won like that, and also lost like that. Politics have no place in football. This is just my opinion, YMMV.

Well the good thing is since you don't count it as a real championship you won't mind us going ahead and taking it. :)

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
One problem with your post. This BCS Championship game isn't Mythical. It's the NC, not the MNC.

The only people who say Mythical are fans of teams who haven't won one. Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, etc...
Ha-ha-ha! Ironic thing is lots of folks on this board referred to it as MNC until about 2008. Now, not so much.

So many have such a short memory. ;)

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
You have no idea how true your last sentence is. Funny thing is, with limitations of course, he's earned it.

Yes, Barrett Jones is a very accomplished young man and one we can all look up to. Can you imagine if he played for Notre Dame? I expect he would have been deified by now.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Barrett Jones is one of the all time greats for Alabama, but DJ doesn't get his due. Yes most of us know how good he is, but alot of people on this board only talk about his struggles with pass protection and him giving away our playcalls.

He has drastically improved over the course of the season and has helped motivate our team to a level that us on the brink of #15. The way he gets all fired up does wonders for our team that none of us know about.

He is one of my all time favorites to wear the Crimson.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.