Collage Award Show - the Notre Dame Special

I thought one of the biggest crimes is that Warmack wasn't up for any awards. Everyone in the media consistently says he is the best OL on our line and will be the highest drafted yet he wasn't up for a single award. He has been a first team all american on almost every list I've seen.
Warmack not getting recognized is the biggest of the snubs. Granted, it has a lot to do with the same aspect many are complaing about in regards to Teo. Barrett Jones is a much more "marketable" player in terms of story/human interest.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Warmack not getting recognized is the biggest of the snubs. Granted, it has a lot to do with the same aspect many are complaing about in regards to Teo. Barrett Jones is a much more "marketable" player in terms of story/human interest.
What do you mean? We can market "Warmack Stomach" all day long...

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
The talent this year is way down. You are telling me that Collin Klein, a player who has the ugliest release in CFB and won't even get DRAFTED AS A QUARTERBACK, is more deserving? No. He's not. Johnny Manziel will win the heisman, the Maxwell award typically goes to a different player.

I think that Clowney will be better in the NFL than Te'o. But Manti has 7 interceptions, over 100 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 forced fumbles, not to mention at least THREE hurries/sacks that resulted in interceptions. 7 interceptions for an ILB is absurd. Couple that with the fact that his team is undefeated with the number ONE scoring defense in the nation, I think it is well deserving of the Maxwell and Bednarik.

And a coach who brings a team to 12-0 in his third season after going 9-4 and 8-5 is deserving, especially when he is confined to recruiting kids who will keep the school number one in GSR.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
If you want to see the greatest example of media groupthink and idiocy, look at the coach of the year awards. Basically, you're ineligible if you turn a program into a behemoth (read: Nick Saban) but a favorite if you beat pre-season (media!) expectations and slide into a bowl game (read: Hugh Freeze).
Saban won Coach of the Year in 2008 for an undefeated regular season, one year after going 7-6. Was that groupthink idiocy?

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
The talent this year is way down. You are telling me that Collin Klein, a player who has the ugliest release in CFB and won't even get DRAFTED AS A QUARTERBACK, is more deserving? No. He's not. Johnny Manziel will win the heisman, the Maxwell award typically goes to a different player.

I think that Clowney will be better in the NFL than Te'o. But Manti has 7 interceptions, over 100 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 forced fumbles, not to mention at least THREE hurries/sacks that resulted in interceptions. 7 interceptions for an ILB is absurd. Couple that with the fact that his team is undefeated with the number ONE scoring defense in the nation, I think it is well deserving of the Maxwell and Bednarik.

And a coach who brings a team to 12-0 in his third season after going 9-4 and 8-5 is deserving, especially when he is confined to recruiting kids who will keep the school number one in GSR.
Hey, post a picture of your collage. :Smiliz_Kingz_PDT_02

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
What a sickening notre dame lovefest. Im so very tired of the notre dame linebacker,according to espn this guy hung the moon. He isnt in jarvis jones league in my opinion. Jarvis stats in a lot of defensive categories higher than that notre dame linebackers and having played two less games due to injury. Of course i hate the florida gators but kyle christy is definitely the best punter in the nation. I think some of the sec guys got the shaft this year as far as these awards go because the sec is such a hated conference by so many and that they are tired of all the sec dominance. Notre dames gonna find out that they arent even in the same breath as alabama real soon. In my opinion the two best teams in the land already played the national championship game and alabamas already won it.

mommap

Mar 4, 2011
Would someone please fix the thread title...I know I'm nitpicking but it annoys the tar out of me.
Do you know what a collage is? This show was not the College Football Awards; it was the Notre Dame show. Someone earlier posted a collage "picture" all Notre Dame. That is what this show turned out to be!

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I thought one of the biggest crimes is that Warmack wasn't up for any awards. Everyone in the media consistently says he is the best OL on our line and will be the highest drafted yet he wasn't up for a single award. He has been a first team all american on almost every list I've seen.

Banks winning it to me is a bit of a shocker. It must have been a down year for CB if he is the winner. I know he made big plays when they were winning but I didn't hear much out of him once their schedule got real.

There is no way that Teo is deserving of all these awards it just became laughable after a few. Clowney and Jones could have at least been thrown an award.
Banks had 4 INTs (2 against AU, 1 MTSU, 1 South Ala.) and 7 pass defended. Millner had 2 INT's and 16 pass defended. They had similar tackle numbers and Millner had 1 sack vs 0 for Banks. Really ridiculous that Banks won. I'm pretty sure it was solely based on the fact that Banks got a lot of praise early and his was the name that people remembered.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Jeremy Shelley should have been a finalist for the groza award. He didn't miss a single FG all season! That sucks too. Cairo Santos (the winner) was impressive though in his stats. Even though most were in a dome.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Getting robbed for a second yeer in a row. Go figure. This will only make it sweater when we are hoisting the crystal ball and yelling the SEC chant with those domers having to watch and listen. Barrett Jones did win the Rimington Trophy for the nations best center.

Last edited:

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
Saban won Coach of the Year in 2008 for an undefeated regular season, one year after going 7-6. Was that groupthink idiocy?
No, just the point. He's basically been ineligible since he got us to that level. He's sitting at a 3rd title in 4 years (possibly) and he isn't really in the conversation any longer. It's all about win differential, which now makes him a non-candidate generally, which I think is ridiculous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.