Link: Interesting interview with Terry Saban...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just before the 13 minute mark is when she gets asked the question I think you'll be most interested in, although the whole interview is interesting...

LINK

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Thanks Earle. When the time comes for Nick to move on, I wonder if we get to keep Terry? Wow! What a wonderful, charming, enthusiastic and energetic ambassador for the university and Alabama Football!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thanks Earle. When the time comes for Nick to move on, I wonder if we get to keep Terry? Wow! What a wonderful, charming, enthusiastic and energetic ambassador for the university and Alabama Football!!

If they retire and don't go to a different school, I bet they will both be very involved in the school. I don't see Saban just sitting there twiddling his thumbs, I wonder if he would ever want to take over Mal's position?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I heard the interview on the radio and liked her answer about retiring here. I had never heard her speak before and found her delightful, seemed like a nice lady.

I don't see Saban as an athletic director and frankly, I'd rather not have him in the job.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
I don't see Saban just sitting there twiddling his thumbs, I wonder if he would ever want to take over Mal's position?
Saban's disposition doesn't fit the role of the modern day athletic director, which is to say that he isn't at his best when he has to smell poop and then try to convince someone it smells like roses. AD's are now, more than anything (and more importantly than anything), fundraisers. That means schmoozing the boosters, working the crowd, playing the socialite role in the press boxes and luncheons. Do YOU see Coach Saban aspiring to do that?

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
Great interview! Talk about a contrast between this interview and the video of Malzahn's wife... so glad I'm on this side of the fence.
I was thinking the same thing. Mrs. Malzahn is not the type of lady that I would want to be called the "First Lady" of Alabama football. She was plumb silly.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Thanks for sharing....what a classy lady....charming, funny, articulate, informative....I could go on and on. And I did like her answer right after the 13:00 minute mark!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
She is as genuine a person as you'll ever meet. My wife had had some dealings with her in the past and she was the same as she was on the radio today. Mrs. Saban said she and Nick were blessed to be here. I'd say we are just as blessed by her presence in T-town.
Classy, classy lady.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Saban's disposition doesn't fit the role of the modern day athletic director, which is to say that he isn't at his best when he has to smell poop and then try to convince someone it smells like roses. AD's are now, more than anything (and more importantly than anything), fundraisers. That means schmoozing the boosters, working the crowd, playing the socialite role in the press boxes and luncheons. Do YOU see Coach Saban aspiring to do that?
Do YOU see Coach Saban failing at anything he puts his mind to?

Bama_J

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
First post here...

My wife and i met her at her house around the first of the year. Our private school had coach Saban as a speaker and we took some items for him to autograph. She welcomed us into their home and even showed us the recruiting room. Very nice lady and a great compliment to her husband and the University of Alabama!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.