My first post from an A&M graduate - Please do the world a favor

zom

Dec 7, 2012
if you were picking players for your own personal college team, would you start with either of these 3 guys? I wouldn't. I might like to have them on my team, but they wouldn't be the first pick. Just sayin'.
It starts with the coach and scheme, but from there though, I would be picking Johnny Football first if I chose to run Sumlin and co's offense. How could you argue you would pick someone else? It was good enough to win over Bama, just sayin'.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The only reason Te'O is in the Heisman discussion is that he plays for Notre Dame. He's a great linebacker but the Heisman Trophy ? Please.
That is exactly correct. Te'o won't even be the best linebacker on the field during the BCS championship game, much less the best player in the country. Don't get me wrong, he is a very good player, but I wouldn't trade C.J. for him.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
The only reason Te'O is in the Heisman discussion is that he plays for Notre Dame. He's a great linebacker but the Heisman Trophy ? Please.
A few seasons ago our starting inside linebacker,tony taylor had the same exact stats as teo. While playing one less game due to injury!! Of course tony never got his big invitation to new york. The only reason teo has garnered all these awards and got all this heisman consideration is because he plays for notre dame.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
I was pretty sure manziel would win the heisman a couple days ago. However,now im not so sure. Im really starting to think teo is gonna steal this thing and that exactly what it would be. Once again all because he plays at notre dame.

RAB83

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 13, 2012
I'm another Fightin' Texas Aggie making his first post. I'm also a Bama Dad (and y'all made my daughter a football fan in her first semester at Bama - something I failed to do).

First, I really admire and appreciate your university and fan base. I was at our game in T-Town and you were incredibly gracious hosts. Now, it's easy to be gracious when you believe you're going to beat the crap out of the other team. It's much harder when the other team wins. However, Tide fans were at their best when you lost. You were congratulatory, complementary, and just darn nice (i.e., I don't think I met any Finebaum callers).

Several Bammers told me they hoped we would become good rivals. I hope we're good enough in the coming years to earn a rivalry. It would be... different to have a rival we respected.

Tonight, our freshman QB made history for A&M, the SEC, and the NCAA. I don't think it's a stretch to think that our QB would be watching the Heisman from College Station if we had not been welcomed into the SEC. So glad to be here.

I hope y'all beat the ever living, ever loving, yankee, football fraud, drunken irish hell out of ND. RTR and Gig 'Em!

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
I'm another Fightin' Texas Aggie making his first post. I'm also a Bama Dad (and y'all made my daughter a football fan in her first semester at Bama - something I failed to do).

First, I really admire and appreciate your university and fan base. I was at our game in T-Town and you were incredibly gracious hosts. Now, it's easy to be gracious when you believe you're going to beat the crap out of the other team. It's much harder when the other team wins. However, Tide fans were at their best when you lost. You were congratulatory, complementary, and just darn nice (i.e., I don't think I met any Finebaum callers).

Several Bammers told me they hoped we would become good rivals. I hope we're good enough in the coming years to earn a rivalry. It would be... different to have a rival we respected.

Tonight, our freshman QB made history for A&M, the SEC, and the NCAA. I don't think it's a stretch to think that our QB would be watching the Heisman from College Station if we had not been welcomed into the SEC. So glad to be here.

I hope y'all beat the ever living, ever loving, yankee, football fraud, drunken irish hell out of ND. RTR and Gig 'Em!
Solid post! Gig 'em & RTR!

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
If Notre Dame had gone for 2 and made it they would have been unbeaten and untied and still voted ahead of Bama. If they had missed it Michigan State would have won and been unbeaten and untied and voted #1. With Notre Dame electing to tie, that left Bama as the only undefeated and untied. The media was not going to vote Bama 3 years in a row if they had anyone else they could vote for so voted both ahead of Bama and left it at that. If I had been a Michigan State fan I believe I would have been mad too but.... we will curb stomp them in a month or so and be happy with that! ROLL TIDE ROLL and GIG' EM!!! :)
Crazy--Neither Michigan State's nor Notre Dame's 1966 teams even played in a bowl game.

The #7-ranked Boilermakers earned their first-ever Rose Bowl berth after going 8–2, (6–1 Big Ten) and finishing second in the Big Ten Conference. League champion Michigan State had gone unbeaten at 7–0 in league play, but was barred from returning to Pasadena under the Big Ten's "no-repeat" rule. Purdue's only losses had come at the hands of both Michigan State and Notre Dame, who had played to atie on November 19.

Notre Dame believed that bowl games infringed upon Academics and did not play in them until the late 1960s

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.