a hat/gear for each week,are auburn fans really this insane??

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
I have question for you crimson tide folks regarding auburn fans. As ive stated before here on tidefans a large portion of my family resides in northeast alabama(dekalb,cherokee counties). They are crimson tide to the core,every one. A few days ago i was over on a visit,after lunch a large group of my family members were outside standing around laughing and shaking their heads. From what i gather they were laughing at the local auburn fans they know and work with. Apparently a bunch of them own several pieces of gear,hats,flags,etc from every one of the teams in the s.e.c. The reason being so that if any of them should beat alabama throughout the course of the season they would have a piece of gear representing that particular team to wear around for all the upset bama fans to see and so they could rub their faces in it. They were laughing at how a large group of these auburn fans said didnt have any texas a and m gear to wear and would have to order them some from the aggies directly because they couldnt find any locally. Are the auburn people that actually live in the state of alabama that stupid,insane,obsessed with the crimson tide?? Ive dealt with auburn fans before,granted i think as a fanbase they are dellusional to the extreme but once again,are they really that stupid??

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
I haven't been in several years, but the McDonald's on 15th Street in Tuscaloosa would allow their employees wear school shirts on gamedays. There was an older woman that worked the breakfast shift and every Saturday she would be wearing an Auburn shirt and a hat/visor from what ever school Alabama was playing that day. Pathetic.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I bought some Oregon shirts a few years back. We could dress down at work if we wore gear from a team playing in the title game.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
I thought my relatives were just kidding me,i guess they werent. Thats just insane,it makes them sound like they are more concerned about alabama losing than auburn winning. Well all i can say is theyre tremendously talented at making themselves look really stupid.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have question for you crimson tide folks regarding auburn fans. As ive stated before here on tidefans a large portion of my family resides in northeast alabama(dekalb,cherokee counties). They are crimson tide to the core,every one. A few days ago i was over on a visit,after lunch a large group of my family members were outside standing around laughing and shaking their heads. From what i gather they were laughing at the local auburn fans they know and work with. Apparently a bunch of them own several pieces of gear,hats,flags,etc from every one of the teams in the s.e.c. The reason being so that if any of them should beat alabama throughout the course of the season they would have a piece of gear representing that particular team to wear around for all the upset bama fans to see and so they could rub their faces in it.
Yes, that goes back to the 1970s. We beat them every year from 1973-1981, and the only thing they had to cheer was rooting for the teams that beat us. Wanna hear how bad that was? Here's our losses during that time frame:

Notre Dame - 4 times
Missouri
Georgia
Ole Miss
Nebraska
USC
Mississippi State
Ga Tech
Texas

That's it. (And a tie with USM in 1981).

They were laughing at how a large group of these auburn fans said didnt have any texas a and m gear to wear and would have to order them some from the aggies directly because they couldnt find any locally.
Internet does not yet exist in Opelika. You'll note that Bill Kurtis never did one of those commercials there :)

Are the auburn people that actually live in the state of alabama that stupid,
Yep.

Yep.

obsessed with the crimson tide??
Yep.

Ive dealt with auburn fans before,granted i think as a fanbase they are dellusional to the extreme but once again,are they really that stupid??

Let me give you a couple of examples of how monumentally stupid a huge contingent are (yes, there are exceptions but then again that's true for everything except maybe the law of gravity)

In the mid-1970s, they got hit with major sanctions (2 years no TV, which one Aubie said, "The toughest part is we can't watch TV for two years" - no, that's actually stolen from William Perry, who DID say that about Clemson's probation). Somehow, that's Coach Bryant's fault. Keep in mind he was only beating them senseless, so I guess he got frightened and figured he'd never beat them without sanctions.

Then in 1991, an Auburn DB named Eric Ramsey alleged he was paid by several alumni and got an illegal loan that Pat Dye knew about. Dye lied like a rug and Auburn fans TO THIS DAY insist ALABAMA was behind the whole thing. Keep in mind that Ramsey had a bunch of conversations on audio tapes - I must confess the REC is more powerful than any of us realized if they could actually make conversations happen and force Auburn alumni to make illegal offers of cash. Amazingly enough, they recruited Ramsey at a time when we had beaten them 12 out of 14 years - why would we need Ramsey's help to "beat Dye," which those morons actually said.

Keep in mind any time they get in trouble it is somehow our fault. It gets old.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Good post selmaborntidefan,thanks for the info. I thought my relatives and friends over in fort payne were just messing with me when they said that about the auburn fans wearing another teams gear for the sole purpose of rubbing it in any tide fans face they could if bama lost. How tremendously stupid they are. I used to think tennessee had the most ignorant and dellusional fanbase in the s.e.c. However,after hearing some of these stories about these auburn people,im starting to think maybe they are worse than the tennessee fans.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Here's another one. Yes, they paid to have this designed and printed and they are selling them. PATHETIC.

You have got to be kidding me?? They really are that stupid arent they?? They will actually go out and pay money that they had to work for for that monstrosity. How stupid,honestly im starting to think they are more obssessed with you guys losing than their own team winning. What an incredibly stupid fanbase.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
We did have Roll Ducks Roll though didn't we?! Sad... But they are worse!
Yeah, I guess we did! I didn't buy one so I guess out of sight, out of mind.

I can say with certainty that I have never purchased, borrowed or worn ANY game day gear of a team that Aubarn was playing. I mean, we play the same teams! Why would anyone want that bad "karma" in their closet?! I have Aubarn friends who own Ole Miss, Miss State, Arky, UGA, LSU, USAw, UT, etc. merchandise and they will wear it under their Aubarn stuff or change if there is time. Completely insane.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
You have got to be kidding me?? They really are that stupid arent they?? They will actually go out and pay money that they had to work for for that monstrosity. How stupid,honestly im starting to think they are more obssessed with you guys losing than their own team winning. What an incredibly stupid fanbase.
I worked with an Auburn fan a few years ago who said many times he would rather see Alabama lose than Auburn win.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Just be happy your little sister school that you have a rivalry with is in another conference and has an identity of its own. We aren't so lucky.

From my phone with Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.