a hat/gear for each week,are auburn fans really this insane??

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I have question for you crimson tide folks regarding auburn fans. As ive stated before here on tidefans a large portion of my family resides in northeast alabama(dekalb,cherokee counties). They are crimson tide to the core,every one. A few days ago i was over on a visit,after lunch a large group of my family members were outside standing around laughing and shaking their heads. From what i gather they were laughing at the local auburn fans they know and work with. Apparently a bunch of them own several pieces of gear,hats,flags,etc from every one of the teams in the s.e.c. The reason being so that if any of them should beat alabama throughout the course of the season they would have a piece of gear representing that particular team to wear around for all the upset bama fans to see and so they could rub their faces in it. They were laughing at how a large group of these auburn fans said didnt have any texas a and m gear to wear and would have to order them some from the aggies directly because they couldnt find any locally. Are the auburn people that actually live in the state of alabama that stupid,insane,obsessed with the crimson tide?? Ive dealt with auburn fans before,granted i think as a fanbase they are dellusional to the extreme but once again,are they really that stupid??
Clearly, they are aubsessed.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
My (aubie) SIL has told me she's switched her allegiance, and is now a Bama fan. I have trouble believing her though because when I decided to watch a replay of the Bama/UGA SECCG, she said "I've seen it" and then got up and left the room. Problem was when it was on live, she chose to sit in the office and play computer games. That's NOT a Bama fan imo.
Now she wants me to get her some Bama gear for Christmas. Truthfully, I think she's still an aubie at heart so I don't want to waste money. (OTOH, getting Bama gear as a 're-gift' is always OK.)
Besides, those aubie jammies she loves to wear tell a different story.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I once bought a Georgia shirt for no particular reason. I once wore it at a bar when they played the Barn just to tick people off. But I'm not going out to buy a bunch of shirts just because they are on the Barn's schedule.

If they want to cheer for Notre Dame, that's fine with me. I just hope nobody who is doing so got mad when we cheered for Oregon.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
It's a large part of their entire psychosis.

Does someone have a link to the audio of the Auburn AD who went on the rant about Bama back around 2003 or 2004?
The one that compared the rivalry to World War II.
Our UGA friend needs to hear it.

The depth of their obsession is actually a very, very bad thing for our state.
I've hoped for years they'd do something -- anything -- to create their own identity.
But they simply will not, or cannot, do it.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
It's a large part of their entire psychosis.

Does someone have a link to the audio of the Auburn AD who went on the rant about Bama back around 2003 or 2004?
The one that compared the rivalry to World War II.
Our UGA friend needs to hear it.

The depth of their obsession is actually a very, very bad thing for our state.
I've hoped for years they'd do something -- anything -- to create their own identity.
But they simply will not, or cannot, do it.
That would be David Housel, although I believe he's deceased. Don't have the video, but this link details what he said: CLICK

Actually I found the audio link was indeed buried in there....

Last edited:

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
That would be David Housel, although I believe he's deceased. Don't have the video, but this link details what he said: CLICK
Yes, Housel. Thank you for posting that.
I did not realize he was deceased.

I've heard some weird things over the years between rivals, but that one takes the cake.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't think Housel is dead. The best thing I can say about him is that he makes Jay Jacobs look like Albert Einstein.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I remember last year, Auburn fans were rooting the heck out of LSU during the National Championship game, they seemed to forgotten the 45-10 beating against LSU.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I don't think Housel is dead. The best thing I can say about him is that he makes Jay Jacobs look like Albert Einstein.
Sorry for the misinformation; you of course are correct, '67. I'm getting him mixed up with one of their other public figure crazies whose name escapes me that died recently.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I once knew a guy who went to Bama and worked in the athletic office while he was there. His job was similar to what Housel did at the Barn so he had to talk to him on the phone several times. I can't remember his exact words, but the gist of his comment about Housel was "Nice enough guy, but dumb as a box of rocks".

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I remember last year, Auburn fans were rooting the heck out of LSU during the National Championship game, they seemed to forgotten the 45-10 beating against LSU.
Heck, all you've got to do is go back one month to an Auburn message board like ITAT.
You will find threads that say things like, "Thank you Texas A&M" and "Thank God for Johnny Football."
You'll find hundreds or thousands of posts just gushing over Manziel and A&M's win over us.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
My (aubie) SIL has told me she's switched her allegiance, and is now a Bama fan. I have trouble believing her though because when I decided to watch a replay of the Bama/UGA SECCG, she said "I've seen it" and then got up and left the room. Problem was when it was on live, she chose to sit in the office and play computer games. That's NOT a Bama fan imo.
Now she wants me to get her some Bama gear for Christmas. Truthfully, I think she's still an aubie at heart so I don't want to waste money. (OTOH, getting Bama gear as a 're-gift' is always OK.)
Besides, those aubie jammies she loves to wear tell a different story.
Reuben Foster syndrome! LOL!

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
Its really too bad they cant have an identity of their own(auburn). Its really funny the contrast by how i feel. Ive always had respect for bama and all the tradition there. If anything after we played in such a great game with bama my respect for bama has only increased. Whereas these auburn nuts want to pull madly for notre dame,i and the majority of us hope you destroy notre dame(yes,even after you beat us). Funny i can remember a few minutes before kickoff last saturday they played some snipets from people calling in to the paul finebaum show and this lady(who sounded like she just broke out of a mental institution) said she hoped georgia beat alabama,than she started screaming about how she would even pull for that yankee notre dame team over bama and than i started to recognize the voice. It was that same crazy auburn lady whos voice i heard on the espn special about the bama/auburn rivalry. She was going bonkers over harvey updyke and how he murdered the toomers oaks. Kudos tou you bama guys and gals,i thought we had it bad with these georgia tech idiots,weve got it easy compared to yall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.