Link: ESPN 30 for 30: You don't know Bo

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
My barner wife was at the sugar bowl with the barn in what, '82? She was telling me about Bo throwing the football and hitting the ceiling before they started talking about it on the show. She said "the qb's couldn't do it"...and then said "well, it was randy campbell". I had to LOL...since we're from hartselle and she knew randy personally.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is from 1990 - Bo was still playing both NFL and MLB, but took time out of his schedule to meet and greet with some special-needs kids in the Orlando area, including my brother:

No press was there, no one out side of the families knew he was there. You could tell he genuinely cared for these kids and was happy to be there, though many of them had no idea who he was. People like Bo will always have my respect - he could easily have been 'too busy' but he made time for others, and it wasn't about his ego.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I am 43. Bo is the best athlete in my lifetime.

He was in the Pro Bowl and the All-Star game.

His career was cut short due to unjury and we did not get a chance to see him over a career. The man was truly amazing.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'd like to go back and find the coach that told Bo he probably wouldn't even see playing time at Bama until probably his junior year. Oh brother. I heard him say that, and...ugh. Reminded me of Cadillac Williams waiting on Fran to come by his house and he never did which is why he went to Auburn. Double ouch!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'd like to go back and find the coach that told Bo he probably wouldn't even see playing time at Bama until probably his junior year. Oh brother. I heard him say that, and...ugh. Reminded me of Cadillac Williams waiting on Fran to come by his house and he never did which is why he went to Auburn. Double ouch!
Ken Donahue passed away in 2001.

Btw - that was standard Bama approach at the time - "we will win with you or we will win without you."

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
As Selma says it was the approach in those days and you hardly heard of a freshmen coming in and playing at a big time school.

Before the days of big time high school programs that develop unbelievable talent today and before the Internet where we hear about these guys as they are playing 2-3 years before they graduate in high school, it was common to not even know somebody was on Bama's team until they started playing their Junior year.

Just a different era.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.