ATH Ricky Seals-Jones Commits to Texas A&M

Mitch

Oct 6, 2012
Ricky Seals-Jones, who lines up at RB, QB, DB, LB and just about everywhere else for Sealy, TX (Eric Dickerson's alma mater) has changed his commitment today from Texas to A&M. I'm a sports reporter in Texas and heard it earlier today; ESPNU just confirmed it on their crawl.

Highlights from RS-J:
http://youtu.be/PQ3VwlNAP30

Looks like we'll have to deal with him soon. Guess Manziel's Heisman hype changed RS-J's mind.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Re: More good news for A&M -- maybe not for everyone else

Not sure if they plan to use him as a WR, but if so, they've got probably the best "physical specimen" type receiving corps in the country with the addition of this year's class. Derrick Griffin is another huge (6'6") and talented WR in their class this year, and the size and strength of current Aggie, Mike Evans, really gave us fits.

More than that, they're hauling in a very impressive class all-around.

Mitch

Oct 6, 2012

I know what the Texas AD says, but word on the street out here is that Mack Brown is getting his BLEEP handed to him in recruiting. I don't know if I believe that, per se, because like UA, Texas is always going to get a lot of the big names because of who they are. But A&M is climbing FAST.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Speaking of TXAM I looked at their depth chart and they have a large number of seniors on their team. If they lose both of their tackles and Moore off of the defensive line they will have significant losses to deal with next season. I don't have the first clue with how they are set up to deal with these losses but they might not be as amazing as everyone seems to think they will be (Brando is already all over twitter saying they will win a national championship before Manziel graduates).

They are definitely one of the hottest teams in the country right now with the season they had and Manziel. I'm sure they will be difficult to deal with.

I know what the Texas AD says, but word on the street out here is that Mack Brown is getting his BLEEP handed to him in recruiting. I don't know if I believe that, per se, because like UA, Texas is always going to get a lot of the big names because of who they are. But A&M is climbing FAST.
Mack has already let the last two Heisman winners get away.

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012

The Aggies have had everything required for an elite programs for several years....except a good coach. Now that they appear to have a good coach who can recruit we will see an Alabama/A&M/LSU power struggle in the west. The rest will be playing for 4th place.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Bama faces lots of good players every year. I reckon we'll be alright.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX

Ricky Seals-Jones, who lines up at RB, QB, DB, LB and just about everywhere else for Sealy, TX (Eric Dickerson's alma mater) has changed his commitment today from Texas to A&M. I'm a sports reporter in Texas and heard it earlier today; ESPNU just confirmed it on their crawl.

Highlights from RS-J:
http://youtu.be/PQ3VwlNAP30

Looks like we'll have to deal with him soon. Guess Manziel's Heisman hype changed RS-J's mind.
RSJ decommitted from the horns a few months ago. Ever since then most Aggies knew he'd commit to us.

They also have a 6'6" WR coming in.
Derrick Griffin won't qualify and will be headed to a Junior College, most likely Blinn.

This coming Wednesday Hoza Scott, class of 2014 LB and probably the best defender in Texas will verbally commit to us also.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.

Is this a Bama board or beat my chest Texas A&M writer from the state of Texas? Sorry but this post belongs on the recruiting board even if then. Unproven players and Bama and everyone else should be afraid? Sorry Mitch but 14 posts and you talking about A&M needs to stay on texags.com.

Another thing how does A&M have 34 commitments when they can only sign 25 by SEC rules? Another Houston Nutt?

Last edited:

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX

Is this a Bama board or beat my chest Texas A&M writer from the state of Texas? Sorry but this post belongs on the recruiting board even if then. Unproven players and Bama and everyone else should be afraid? Sorry Mitch but 14 posts and you talking about A&M needs to stay on texags.com.

Another thing how does A&M have 34 commitments when they can only sign 25 by SEC rules? Another Houston Nutt?
9 of the commits will count towards last years numbers and will start school this coming January (mid term enrollees).

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Hey, maybe we can give a&m their own page..... Football, Recruiting, A&M, then Basketball..... :rolleyes:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

RSJ decommitted from the horns a few months ago. Ever since then most Aggies knew he'd commit to us.

Derrick Griffin won't qualify and will be headed to a Junior College, most likely Blinn.

This coming Wednesday Hoza Scott, class of 2014 LB and probably the best defender in Texas will verbally commit to us also.
Hey Wingman, how's it going? I know I'm unworthy to speak with you, me being a deck-ape and everything. But anyway, congratulations to your Aggies this year. I thought they would be competitive, I just didn't realize how much so. Hopefully Bama will return the compliment next September. Good luck against the Sooners. I like OU also, so it's difficult for me to pull for either. I expect it to be a great and exctiting game. I hope no one gets hurt.
Roll Tsunami, Roll!

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.

Now that they appear to have a good coach who can recruit we will see
You gotta recruit to your needs...scoring points is not A&M's problem. RSJ is a great prospect, but A&M would be better off with a 5* DL. I'm not as sold on Sumlin as most. He can win some games (as we saw firsthand), but can he coach the whole team and build a strong program at A&M ? There's a huge difference. Sumlin has not been known for his defensive prowess as long as he's been a hc. Your offense is just half your team, and if your gonna get credit for a great offense...you also gotta take credit for a crappy defense... after all, you are the hc. Heck, the A&M defense was as bad in the supposedly no offense SEC as it was in the Big-12. We'll see how he pans out...will he build a whole team, or be like Art Briles,Mike Gundy, Mike Leach etc., and just cover half his teams shortcomings with the other half. We may have to add Malzhan to that list...time will tell.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX

Hey Wingman, how's it going? I know I'm unworthy to speak with you, me being a deck-ape and everything. But anyway, congratulations to your Aggies this year. I thought they would be competitive, I just didn't realize how much so. Hopefully Bama will return the compliment next September. Good luck against the Sooners. I like OU also, so it's difficult for me to pull for either. I expect it to be a great and exctiting game. I hope no one gets hurt.
Roll Tsunami, Roll!
Thanks, we were all pretty surprised that A&M won as many games as they did and I was shocked that we were even close in our game against each other. I hope we beat the snot out of OU, but theyre a decent team and we might struggle against them. Best of luck to you guys against the domers! However, I doubt you all need any luck beating their brains in.

You gotta recruit to your needs...scoring points is not A&M's problem. RSJ is a great prospect, but A&M would be better off with a 5* DL.
So far we have 2 or 3 4* D Linemen and are still trying to get a Juco DE in.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

The aggies had a great year and certainly suprised us. I for one like the competition good luck in your bowl and we will see ya'll next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.