Question: B. Jones All American at Three Positions. Unprecedented?

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Jones has now been listed on at least two or three "All American" teams, including AP. I believe that he has also received AA honors at Tackle and Guard.

Has anyone ever received such honors for three different positions on the offensive line? Or even just three different positions? Maybe back in the days when your quarterback was also your linebacker and place kicker?

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
For clarification - Barrett Jones was a freshman AA at guard, not a "regular" All American.
I thought he was an AA at OG during his sophomore season... At any rate playing for a 3rd National Championship at a 3rd position has to be a record also...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
He was third team. Still no small accomplishment. I think he is a four time Academic All American.
I think theres no doubt he's one of the most decorated offensive linemen thats played at Alabama...
both athletically and academically...factor in all the charitable work he's done, how he handles himself with the press...

can there be a better representative of a college football team?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.