Link: Mascot Buffet: Least to Most Edible (Humor)

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
I love tomato juice.... That`s pretty close isn`t it? But I also like pork and beef.... Cats and dogs are not too bad at my local chinese eateries:biggrin:!!!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
1. Texas--Bevo, YUM.
2. Florida--can't beat fried gator tail!
3. UCSe--a gamecock is a chicken, right? haha!
4. Arkansas--BBQ pork, a gameday staple!
5. Colorado--I've heard that buffalo is pretty good.

Now, does any team have a crab, shrimp, lobster or crawfish as a mascot? :)

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
1. Texas--Bevo, YUM.
2. Florida--can't beat fried gator tail!
3. UCSe--a gamecock is a chicken, right? haha!
4. Arkansas--BBQ pork, a gameday staple!
5. Colorado--I've heard that buffalo is pretty good.

Now, does any team have a crab, shrimp, lobster or crawfish as a mascot? :)
Don't forget Oregon...they could easily be in the top 5. Also the Delaware Blue Hens, although that is not Division I.

harleyspoon

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
The Aggies actually did enjoy a feast of texas university's mascot in 1920 (served to the Aggies by their host) as recounted in this texasexes article:

"on Sunday morning, February 12, 1917. A group of four Texas A & M students equipped "with all the utensils for steer branding" broke into the South Austin stockyard at 3:00am. There was a struggle, but the Aggies were able to brand the longhorn "13 - 0," which was the score of the 1915 football game A & M had won in College Station. Only a week later, amid rumors that the Aggies planned to kidnap the animal outright, the longhorn was removed to a ranch sixty miles west of Austin. Within two months, the United States entered World War I, and the University community turned its attention to the conflict in Europe. Out of sight and away from Austin, the branded steer was all but forgotten until the end of the war in November 1919. Since food and care for the animal was costing the University fifty cents a day, and because the steer wasn't believed to be tame enough to roam the campus or remain in the football stadium, it was fattened up and became the barbecued main course for the January 1920 football banquet. The Aggies were invited to attend, served the side they had branded, and were presented with the hide, which still read "13 - 0."

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Toledo Mud Hens...

Come to think of it... Les Miles has probably ate some of the Kentucky Blue Grass, or maybe Ky. Wildcats too.
I'm not even going to get into the 'Ear Wax' incident... ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.