Bama 6th ranked in all of football as best place to coach.

Bama By Birth

3rd Team
Dec 3, 2010
Ellaville, Ga
http://espn.go.com/college-football...-head-coaching-jobs-football-college-football

Its not that I disagree with the position its just what it says about Bama's stadium, "not the best"? I mean if it isnt one of the best where is the best???? Because that is one of the emost modern updated stadiums in America. Now I agree with the area around the campus, it is in need of a cleanup.
Upper deck at Ga. Dome= binoculars..........Upper deck at Bryant-Denny= Hale Telescope.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The campus itself is very well kept and constantly getting renovations and expansion. The halo around the campus is in need of improvement, I will agree.

Of course, real estate speculators are buying up everything - especially with the opening the tornado destruction created - and I imagine the area around campus will improve in the next decade.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-head-coaching-jobs-football-college-football

Its not that I disagree with the position its just what it says about Bama's stadium, "not the best"? I mean if it isnt one of the best where is the best???? Because that is one of the emost modern updated stadiums in America. Now I agree with the area around the campus, it is in need of a cleanup.
When you put NFL stadiums in the list, which this article does, Bryant-Denny loses a lot.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Upper deck at Ga. Dome= binoculars..........Upper deck at Bryant-Denny= Hale Telescope.
The last time I was in (Bryant)Denny was before there was any upper deck :eek2: but from what I can see it appears that very little is cantilevered which places back rows of the upper deck very far from the field and leaves most of the lower uncovered.

Last edited:

Bama By Birth

3rd Team
Dec 3, 2010
Ellaville, Ga
BD seats over 100g, Ga dome not so much. I've been to a lot of stadiums and Bama is as comfortable if not more so than most.
I agree, ours is WAY more comfortable than Ga. Dome. I found out that, at the dome, the best seats are #14,15 and 16 in a 30 row of seats. If you are in #1 and 2, you have to stand up EVERYTIME someone comes by- not just move your feet.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
That list cannot be taken seriously because the Texans job is at #10 and Pittsburgh isn't even included in the top 15.
Pittsburgh should no doubt be up there, but the Texans is a GREAT job. McNair is a patient owner and he has incredibly deep pockets, and they have a state of the art facility. I couldn't list a single negative about the Texans job.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
No Dallas Cowboys or Pittsburgh Steelers on the list at all, but Oregon getting an "honorable mention"?.......C'mon haha
Dallas wouldn't be too great of a place to coach. There's a reason the Cowboy's don't attract top coaching talent. His name starts with Jerry and ends with Jones.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The Georgia Dome is a great place to watch college football. You can have an entire row to yourself at Georgia State games and money falls from the roof!!!

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
While it's accurate, it's another article written solely because it includes Alabama and Notre Dame towards the top. It's a hype article, but a good one.

PatternMatching

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 1, 2011
The fact that the Houston Texans made the list after a decade of existence and one playoff appearance should tell you everything that you need to know. I want my five minutes back, Gene.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.