Favorite play of the season?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have to say any play involving TJ. Every time that kid gets the ball, I just can't help but smile. That 5 yard run on 3rd down to setup the TD to Coop was downright incredible. Pure determination at its best.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Jesse Williams stuffing Georgia 3rd-and-1 late in the 4th quarter is growing on me. They develop the play a bit too slowly, but you can watch Jesse tossing the center to one side, and when the running back arrives, he collides with Jesse and just stops.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I liked the Lacy run where he bounced into like 4 defenders, spun off, and took it an extra 20 yards down the sideline, ending it with a shoulder into the defender for an extra 5...I think it was in the georgia game. it showed his speed, agility and toughness all in one play.

Lacy hasnt really gotten all the praise/hype of the last couple backs, but he's been a pretty darn good one for us as well.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
I have to say any play involving TJ. Every time that kid gets the ball, I just can't help but smile. That 5 yard run on 3rd down to setup the TD to Coop was downright incredible. Pure determination at its best.
I've got numerous favorite plays but this run by TJ to get that 1st down was very possibly the most important play. How he did it I don't know but if he hadn't, well...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
I know a lot of people will put "the catch" as theirs but I wonder if anyone else has some other play as theirs.
"The Catch" is already taken by Tyrone Prothro. "The Drive" is already taken by Greg McElroy in the 2009 Iron Bowl. Somebody needs to come up with something new for this one. "The Screen" doesn't sound very legendary to me.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
I'm awfully fond of the Aaron Murray pass to the UGA player when the time expired. But, that's just me. ;)
Yeah, good one. Man, there are just a ton of great plays. That's why I love this team. There is just no quit in them, and they'll make the play to make it happen. There'll be great plays against ND, but we won't need that many to expose them for what they are - pretenders. They've lost all three of their BCS bowl experiences by at least 14 points.

I forgot to credit CJ on the above play who makes it a truly great play.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.