Favorite play of the season?

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
I know a lot of people will put "the catch" as theirs but I wonder if anyone else has some other play as theirs.

My favorite two come down to the catch by Yeldon but a close second would be the play where Amari Cooper somehow caught a very under thrown pass from McCarron out of the hands of Bacarri Rambo. and INT there could have changed the whole outcome of the game, short field, momentum etc.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Well there are alot but I will just do my top 5
1. AJ to TJ screen pass vs LSU
2. AJ to Amari Cooper vs Georgia
3. TJ Yeldon 4 1/2 yard dive vs Mizzou
4. Amari Cooper TD catch vs Ole Miss
5. Eddie Lacy TD run vs Mizzou

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
Agree with the obvious 2 ... Pass to Yeldon vs LSU and Pass to Cooper vs UGA

A different one that I really liked that no one has mentioned ... The run by Eddie Lacy vs UGA where he was "stuffed" at the line ... but after his famous spin move and one really nice hit ... ran for 32 yards. This seemed like such a turning point in the game for me!!!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
My personal choice would have been the hit on Aaron Murray by Dial.
Good hit. I didn't have a problem with the hit.
Murray forgot it was a 'Big Boy Game', and after the interception, Murray ceased to be a QB...
And trotted toward the 'action'. The rest is probably still a little fuzzy to A.M...

The wide eyed photo of Murray and the blur or Dial coming in was reminiscent of times gone by.

(It's a strange experience to find yourself looking out of an 'Ear Hole' after a bone jarring hit. BTDT)

Guess you can tell I was a 'Singletary' (sp?) fan yrs. ago...

Last edited:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Hard to pick. My favorites, in no particular order:

- Screen pass to TJ Yeldon against LSU
- CJ Mosley's tip of Aaron Murray's pass
- Lacy's long TD against Missouri (was the first time he looked like the Lacy from last year)
- Almost every deep play-action pass McCarron throws. Those deep passes are a thing of beauty.
- TJ's 5 yard dive into the end zone against Missouri
- Any and all run blocks by DJ Fluker. Even I would average 5 yards a carry running behind him.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
My personal choice would have been the hit on Aaron Murray by Dial.
Good hit. I didn't have a problem with the hit.
Murray forgot it was a 'Big Boy Game', and after the interception, Murray ceased to be a QB...
And trotted toward the 'action'. The rest is probably still a little fuzzy to A.M...

The wide eyed photo of Murray and the blur or Dial coming in was reminiscent of times gone by.

(It's a strange experience to find yourself looking out of an 'Ear Hole' after a bone jarring hit. BTDT)

Guess you can tell I was a 'Singletary' (sp?) fan yrs. ago...
OK That was a block :smile:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I know a lot of people will put "the catch" as theirs but I wonder if anyone else has some other play as theirs.

My favorite two come down to the catch by Yeldon but a close second would be the play where Amari Cooper somehow caught a very under thrown pass from McCarron out of the hands of Bacarri Rambo. and INT there could have changed the whole outcome of the game, short field, momentum etc.
Not saying it's my fave, but yes, that play was HUGE!

In addition to the TD pass to Coop in the SECCG, and the screen to Yeldon in the LSU game, I give honorable mention to TJ's 5 yd run for a 1st down on the play previous to the TD pass to Coop in the SECCG.

That was pure grit...

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
I'm partial to the one where Steen pulls in between Cyco and Warmack just in front of whoever is totin the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.