Game Thread: ND fan respect for Bama

dulac72

Nov 30, 2012
Bama fans,

Joined the board recently to follow all the posts re: the NC. Especially love the posts about Bama and ND national championships past. Both fan bases are super passionate about their teams past and present. Am going to the game with 5 couples from all over the country and paying a ton to do it. Plan on paying for it by betting on the Irish...maybe I'll lose double but a victory will last a lifetime, or at least the 39 years since the 73 Sugar.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Bama fans,

Joined the board recently to follow all the posts re: the NC. Especially love the posts about Bama and ND national championships past. Both fan bases are super passionate about their teams past and present. Am going to the game with 5 couples from all over the country and paying a ton to do it. Plan on paying for it by betting on the Irish...maybe I'll lose double but a victory will last a lifetime, or at least the 39 years since the 73 Sugar.
Never bet with your heart... :D

crimsoncamaro

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 9, 2010
hey dulac72....classic game for sure. thing i worry about is notre dame is having a miracle season so to speak. its like they are a team of destiny..but i think we are a little to talented and physical for ya'll. we bama fans feel pretty confident. not cocky, just confident. whats the feeling for the notre dame fans?

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Welcome to Tidefans. I tried to have a discussion on one of the irish fan sites but got banned. ND has a good team but I don't believe quite as good as the media are espousing. I've just about quit listening to ESPN as the ND man love lovefest is just too overbearingly nauseating. Te'o is a very good LB but the best I don't think so? I have to give that honor to Jarvis Jones of GA.

I'm sure there is going to be a bunch written and said before the NC but I'm just waiting for the kick-off and singing Rammer Jammer at the final whi

dulac72

Nov 30, 2012
Us seniors (anyone in school before 1980) knows that it will be a MAJOR upset if we win but yet a fun fun season if we lose and hope to be in the mix every year like we used to be.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Us seniors (anyone in school before 1980) knows that it will be a MAJOR upset if we win but yet a fun fun season if we lose and hope to be in the mix every year like we used to be.
I personally expect ND to cover, even if we win. I'd welcome a blowout, but I'm not waiting for/expecting one...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The 9.5-10 number is too high. I have Alabama as a pretty high confidence pick in my bowl pick'em, but I don't think Alabama covers but if they do it will be with a late "pull away" score...it will be close.

deboard

Scout Team
Sep 1, 2009
The 9.5-10 number is too high. I have Alabama as a pretty high confidence pick in my bowl pick'em, but I don't think Alabama covers but if they do it will be with a late "pull away" score...it will be close.
I have Bama with 15 confidence points... just like last year with 14, and 2009 with 13. It's a good system I have going.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think we shut them out....

22-0 sounds about right.

They don't get past the 50 until the 4th quarter...

And we abuse their Heisman Trophy candidate Defensive POY

And their QB looks lost the entire game

Shelley kicks five FGs and our stud RB runs one in late to get us to 22

Déjà vu

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
This is definitely the mother of all classic football matchups. I think we will win if we protect the ball. Unfortunately, against the other top ten teams that we have played, we have turned the ball over seven times and only gotten one turnover. This team doesn't seem to be as detail oriented or as disciplined as last year's team. We have beaten most people senseless simply because we have more talent and are prepared so well by our coaching staff. However, against LSU, Texas A&M, and Georgia, we were often sloppy and looked very ordinary most of the time.

Notre Dame reminds me of Alabama's 1992 team. You have a very solid defense, and you don't make mistakes. I think that is how you will make this a very tight game. If we don't turn the ball over, I think we win by ten or more. If we do turn the ball over, you guys will probably win.

It should be a great matchup. This is the type of game that BCS bowls should be about. Only two of the five BCS games have credible matchups. The Rose Bowl got stuck with a five loss Wisconsin team due to the probation of Ohio St., but I don't think anyone is excited about watching Northern Illinois or Louisville play in their games.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
I think we shut them out....

22-0 sounds about right.

They don't get past the 50 until the 4th quarter...

And we abuse their Heisman Trophy candidate Defensive POY

And their QB looks lost the entire game

Shelley kicks five FGs and our stud RB runs one in late to get us to 22

Déjà vu
So you have Shelley making the extra point this year, huh? Good choice....;)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This is definitely the mother of all classic football matchups. I think we will win if we protect the ball. Unfortunately, against the other top ten teams that we have played, we have turned the ball over seven times and only gotten one turnover. This team doesn't seem to be as detail oriented or as disciplined as last year's team. We have beaten most people senseless simply because we have more talent and are prepared so well by our coaching staff. However, against LSU, Texas A&M, and Georgia, we were often sloppy and looked very ordinary most of the time.

Notre Dame reminds me of Alabama's 1992 team. You have a very solid defense, and you don't make mistakes. I think that is how you will make this a very tight game. If we don't turn the ball over, I think we win by ten or more. If we do turn the ball over, you guys will probably win.

It should be a great matchup. This is the type of game that BCS bowls should be about. Only two of the five BCS games have credible matchups. The Rose Bowl got stuck with a five loss Wisconsin team due to the probation of Ohio St., but I don't think anyone is excited about watching Northern Illinois or Louisville play in their games.
The good news is that we are nowhere near Miami in any way

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.