Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Re: Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

...there's really no need for this kind of junk. Kind of a slam towards the entire Bama Nation.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...atholics-vs-cousins-bcs-championship-t-shirt/
it's not even clever either. the insinuation is really "irish v. inbreds" but "catholics v. cousins" just doesn't make any sense. and i guess the folks in south bend are unaware of the fact that the second coming of the klan was in states like indiana and was specifically focused on immigrants like catholics and others from southern and eastern europe. and as others have stated, with all that's gone on in the catholic church recently, the irish need to tread a bit more cautiously when making fun of others' perceived moral shortcomings.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Catholics are on real thin ice when it comes to stereotyped sexual proclivities.

I've also seen Golden Domers vs. Mobile Homers

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

Being Roman Catholic and having attending UA, I find that t shirt very classless. I hope that someone would really think before putting on a shirt like that.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

This is not new; it was posted previously on this site when it first came out, 10 days or so ago.

The shirt was quickly and strongly derided on NDNation. There are bigots in every fan base. The best way to deal with them is first to let them identify themselves, and then to ignore them...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

it's not even clever either. the insinuation is really "irish v. inbreds" but "catholics v. cousins" just doesn't make any sense? and i guess the folks in south bend are unaware of the fact that the second coming of the klan was in states like indiana and was specifically focused on immigrants like catholics and others from southern and eastern europe. and as others have stated, with all that's gone on in the catholic church recently, the irish need to tread a bit more cautiously when making fun of others' shortcomings.
I hope he gets into an NFL game and all his lineman are from the South blocking against defensive lineman from the South.
Maybe they could arrange a helmet to helmet sack party.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Some things shouldn't be said regardless of how it makes some one laugh. It just makes me dislike them more. Catholicism, that's another story.
I have nothing but respect for the Catholic faith or anyone's faith of choice. I just think the T-shirt totally stinks and goes to a personal level and a blanket negative stereotype of every person in a particular area of the country, namely the south and Alabama in particular.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

How about "Pachyderms vs. Pedophiles?"

Yeah, I said it. Lock it.

I have nothing but respect for the Catholic faith or anyone's faith of choice. I just think the T-shirt totally stinks and goes to a personal level and a blanket negative stereotype of every person in a particular area of the country, namely the south and Alabama in particular.
I'm not to be negative or anything. But that's just too much.,,

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.