Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Re: Jimmy Clausen Designed T-Shirt "Catholics Vs. Cousins" Is Really Low Class

He should worry more about trying to get a starting job in the NFL, oh wait...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Just think, after we beat them on monday, you probably won't see that shirt again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
Right. Those can't be sent south to Haiti like the UT wins NC tees from 2009. They'll end up being used for oil changes...

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

They can't even spell it right.

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012

My response when I was emailed the "Domers vs. Mobile Homers" thing:

Lovers will love
haters will hate
We'll see who's laughing
on January 8.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

I live in the heart on Notre Dame country, and I have yet to see a single smack t-shirt being worn. While you can say what you want about Notre Dame's "sense of entitlement", for the most part they are a pretty classy bunch.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

The Linked Article said:
Of course, if you’re an Alabama fan, the only retort necessary is pointing out that Jimmy Clausen is, in fact, Jimmy Clausen.
Funny that that's word for word the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title. Of all people, Jimmy Clausen hurling insults is downright funny. What a moron.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
On the plane yesterday there were far more ND fans than Bama fans because I was coming from the Midwest. The flight attendant was talking to a ND fan close to me and she asked whether they were calling this the Irish versus the rednecks. I over heard and respond that "you wouldn't let it be called the Tide versus the micks would you? Why trade one slur for another?" The ND fan got it and was very classy. I am not sure the flight attendant got it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I would have gotten the stewardess' name and reported her to the airline.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

Ole Miss is just spanking Pitt! And there goes the S-E-C chant...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

In reference to the Golden Domers v Mobile Homers, I think the ND fans might want to google just how big the mobile home industry is in... Indiana. I am sure they offended quite a few in their own backyard with that reference.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

In reference to the Golden Domers v Mobile Homers, I think the ND fans might want to google just how big the mobile home industry is in... Indiana. I am sure they offended quite a few in their own backyard with that reference.
They do not care - alumni are not from that state and have almost no connection with it.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN

All this is no different from what we hear about Alabama on Chattanooga sports radio from Tennessee fans. Tennessee fans! As thought they could point a finger at anyone.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)

All this is no different from what we hear about Alabama on Chattanooga sports radio from Tennessee fans. Tennessee fans! As thought they could point a finger at anyone.
Yeah when I visit Chattanooga, that Jim Gumm guy & his sidekick are always taking passive aggressive shots at Alabama. They thought the "Catholics vs Cousins" shirt was the funniest thing they've ever heard.

Mr. McGibblets

Jan 3, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

First time poster, obviously. I am a Notre Dame fan who posts on IrishEnvy.com. I joined the site one night after drinking about 6 beers while checking on Bama fans thoughts re: Monday night. The next morning I thought "why did I join, I'm never going to post." Well, here I am.

Anyway, Some people think the shirt was funny and no harm, no foul. I mean there really isn't any "harm", but the shirt isn't even funny---its corny. Im guessing you all know the shirt stems from the Catholics vs Convicts shirt from back when ND played Miami, when BOTH teams were actually playing for NCs. The "Convicts" was a shot at the TEAM (not the fan base) because of their bad boy image that they embraced (See ESPN 30 on 30: The U). Then came Catholics vs. Criminoles in '93 which I thought was funny because I was in 6th or 7th grade. So this Catholics vs Cousins seems to be a shot at all Alabamans(?)(whether or not they are fans of the Tide) and not the team itself, which is dumb and illogical. Any other "Catholics vs x" should just stop.

Plus, the stereotype isnt funny. My dad is from West Virginia and trust me, he hates it that same stereotype. And one thing, as me being a Catholic, No need to be associated with that foolishness. Who would throw that shirt and walk around proud? Prob the same dude who wears Big Johnson T-shirts (which actually were comical when I was young).

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

Yeah when I visit Chattanooga, that Jim Gumm guy & his sidekick are always taking passive aggressive shots at Alabama. They thought the "Catholics vs Cousins" shirt was the funniest thing they've ever heard.
It probably was the funniest thing that they've ever heard. In a state where family trees have no branches, all funny things involve cousins. :biggrin:

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL

Its a weakly designed t shirt. 'Catholics vs whatever'.......its played out. Stereotypes or not.

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL

If they want to deal in general stereotyping, idiocy and low class t-shirts just make some "Champs vs Child Molesters" shirts. Bama is the defending champs and well...or Nick vs NAMBLA as Nick Saban is Bama's coach and all Catholics must...ya know.

I say this in jest and I'm not saying it's funny or cute, but you can't go much lower than that. See how funny they find it...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.