3 weeks from today: what are your early score predictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Y'all been drinking the Bam Kool-aid tool long:

Irish. 26
#2. 10
There's such a big disparity in the two programs in general now. Just getting to this game is iconic for ND. Winning it would be legendary. For Alabama it's routine business as usual. There three-out-of-four,,,,, again. Maybe winning it back to back,,,, again. Shot at three-in-a-row national championships,,,,, again. Another title,,,, again when a bakers dozen has been in the rear-view mirror a while now.
That ain't Kool Aid boy. That's hard cider.
You'd be better off expecting 26-10 the other way. JMHO and luck to ya.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Edited for analysis:

Alabama's defense allows 18.8 fewer ppg fewer than its opponents score. ND scored an average of 26.8 ppg this year. That translates to ND scoring 8 points in this game. However, ND's offense has scored, on average, 3.2 ppg more than defenses allow. Alabama allows 10.7 ppg, so this translates to ND scoring 14 points in the game. So we should anticipate that ND will score 8-14 points in this game.

Notre Dame's defense allows 17.5 ppg fewer than its opponents score. Alabama scored an average of 38.5 ppg this year. That translates to Alabama scoring 21 points in the game. However, Alabama's offense has scored, on average, 11.8 ppg more than opposing defenses have allowed. ND allows 10.3 ppg, so this translates to Alabama scoring 22 points in the game. So we should anticipate Alabama scoring 21-22 points in the game.

Prediction, splitting the difference:

Alabama - 21
Notre Dame - 11

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Taking into account that BJ has a broken foot and that quite a few other guys have injuries that put them at 85-90% healthy I don't see us blowing ND out like everyone is predicting. Also we do tend to have trouble with QB's who can improvise on the fly like Golson.

I'm gonna say:

Alabama 27
Notre Dame 19

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I don't think it will get into the 30's, unless we get a late score after we are already on the way to winning. ND still has a good defense, so I see a couple field goals for us after some good drives. But we get some explosive plays for touchdowns.

I say we win 27-13
Sounds about right

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Defending National Champs 20 - Lucky Charms 10

If the Irish's vaunted and uberhyped front 7 can't hold our running game to under 4 ypc, add an extra 20 on Bama's side.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
Edited for analysis:

............ So we should anticipate that ND will score 8-14 points in this game.

............So we should anticipate Alabama scoring 21-22 points in the game.

Prediction, splitting the difference:

Alabama - 21
Notre Dame - 11
I like the analysis here. But 11 is a difficult score in football. You can score 11-points in many different ways, it's just difficult. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.