Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am late to this thread...but yay for Greg! I am so happy for him, and I will be nervous like it is a Bama game. I want him to do well, since I don't root for any NFL teams...I just love seeing the Bama players do well.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I'm thrilled that Greg gets the start. He deserves the opportunity. I just hope the team surrounding him doesn't lay down because they're out of the playoffs. If they do it will be hard for him to look good.
I have a feeling though that they'll work hard to support him. They seemed to come to life as a whole when he came into the game a couple of weeks ago. Greg's a leader and they seemed to buy into his attitude.
One offensive lineman said, "He's almost cocky in the huddle and that can be a good thing honestly".
Go Greg!
sip
They might also be motivated to prove it wasn't on them...it was on Sanchez for playing poorly. :)

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Pat's Head coach in 1985 was former NFL great Ray Berry. Berry's father, (Raymond Berry Sr.)was a legendary Texas High School coach. Can anyone name one of his former players that went on to play for and eventually coach under another couple of legends?

Hint, he's pretty popular around these parts. :smile:
And the answer is...Gene Stallings. Thanks for playing.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
They might also be motivated to prove it wasn't on them...it was on Sanchez for playing poorly. :)
I'm more inclined to think it was more on the team than Sanchez. He's played very poorly at times, but from what I've seen the team around him has been horrible.

I'm not expecting the Jets to suddenly wake up, though I hope they do for Greg's sake.

Joe Namath was on Mike and Mike yesterday morning. He said he's watched every game and he was very defensive of Sanchez.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I only liked the Jets because their former OC is a friend of ours so now that he has moved on to the Rams, i can openly hate on the Jets. I have always despised Sanchez and hate that GMac is stuck on that crappy team. He deserves so much better. I hope he has an awesome game and starts getting attention from another team. I could care less where Sanchez ends up. He's horrible. The team is horrible. Ugh.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Getting Tebow from Denver was perhaps the dumbest moves of the season by the Jets. They had a marginal QB and bring in Tebow as a backup with all the hype he brought with him. Sanchez obviously has minimal confidence and the Jets dump Tebow behind him. Tebow is a great individual but an NFL QB he is not.

I'm wishing the best for G-Mac in his first start. The Chargers aren't playing well so hopefully Greg will get to settle down and have a good game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.