Greg McElroy named Jets starting QB for Sunday's game vs. Chargers

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Always admired the Steelers organization - that would be a great place for GMAC to end up working as backup to Big Ben. It's debatable how many years Big Ben still has in him and even so whether he will remain with the Steelers for that duration or have to sit out as injured - all of which would give GMAC a great opportunity to become the Steeler's starting QB.

FWIW as a longtime Phins Fan of course I never cared for the Jets either, Diamond. But I will be pulling for GMAC this weekend to have a great outing....he deserves the opportunity given his college career and skill set.

Sazae

Jul 28, 2010
Pensacola, FL
Wish I could see this game, really pulling for GMAC but hard to enjoy the Jets being a Pats fan (family is from Boston), but don't have the ability here in Florida. At least I don't think it's physically possible for GMAC to be worse than Sanchez has been.

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
At least I don't think it's physically possible for GMAC to be worse than Sanchez has been.
Go Pats! Since the Jets are eliminated, I can pull for Greg without reservation. As long as he holds on to the strategy that any series ending in a kick is a good one he'll do fine. Minimizing mistakes is his best skill, so he should be fine.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm thrilled that Greg gets the start. He deserves the opportunity. I just hope the team surrounding him doesn't lay down because they're out of the playoffs. If they do it will be hard for him to look good.
I have a feeling though that they'll work hard to support him. They seemed to come to life as a whole when he came into the game a couple of weeks ago. Greg's a leader and they seemed to buy into his attitude.
One offensive lineman said, "He's almost cocky in the huddle and that can be a good thing honestly".
Go Greg!
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.