Link: Mal Moore on Nick Saban

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Nice read. It's definitely a different mentality in the pro's than in college. I think it's easier to affect someone's life in college than it is in the NFL. I'd be surprised to see him go back to the NFL.

HitMan54

1st Team
Jan 29, 2007
Only the Government Knows
Whatever Colin.
He's a left coast guy that doesn't like the SEC. He's only been wrong about 6 years about the SEC winning.
Stirring up the nest while the heaviest part of recruiting is ongoing, sneaky.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Colin Cowherd saying NFL coaches like to coach more games and Saban wants to. Too bad Coach Saban has said numerous times that what he enjoys is the practice and preparation, not the games as much. Also, talking about how Saban is an NFL guy who fits with the players who are down to business... CNS made a Dolphin player cry

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
The most telling quote of all from Mal: "He said, 'Mal, when I go to work I feel like I'm working at a damn factory.' He said, 'I never see a soul,' " Moore recalled. "I'm sitting there thinking, neither did I."

lynyrd skynyrd

All-American
Apr 8, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida USA
It has to be hard for a head coach in the NFL to coach players that are making ten times what the coach is making and the players don't like being told what to do. That does not happen in college, unless you are USC or the barn...Then you get paid more than the coach...

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I have to disagree with you on that. He was on Bama hard last season. He was pulling all season for Bama.
He also picked us to lose to South Carolina this year. Then after he was informed we dont play them, he picked us to lose to LSU Ark and auburn......after saying we'd only lose one game 5 minutes earlier.

he's entertaining but he's a frontrunner and should NEVER, be taken seriously when breaking down how anything is going to happen If USC or Tom Brady aren't involved he does no research.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
just how many articles need to be written before people actually start believing Saban will not leave for the NFL again?
The rumors will never end because it isn't about believing, it is about fear and hope.

The Alabama/Saban combination is a perfect storm and everyone knows it. Other fans and media grasp at straws because they're afraid.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I don't understand how Collin Cowherd keeps a show. I remember a guy complaining about him on the Hookem board before we played Texas. I don't remember what it was about, but he didn't like me because I was a Bama fan until I agreed with him what a buffoon Cowherd is.

He conveniently left out all the parts of the Saban interview about how CNS likes Bama and it's been good for his family. I read the same interview and what I got from it was that CNS is not looking for a job in the NFL.

Maybe if Bill Belichick retires he would want the Patriots and I couldn't blame him. Or the Packers or Saints. But there just aren't that many contending Super Bowl teams and I think CNS wants to play for championships.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
The Saban to the NFL talk will always come up around this time every year because it's an easy subject to throw out there and it will get people to click links/call into shows/etc.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
And about Cowherd, if you complain about him it's like you've already lost. He's just an idiot who tries to get other people riled up. He reminds me of Rush Limbaugh or other talking head types that I can't remember right now, not because of the politics but because he seems to care more about getting people angry than saying things he actually believes.

He also picked us to lose to South Carolina this year. Then after he was informed we dont play them, he picked us to lose to LSU Ark and auburn......after saying we'd only lose one game 5 minutes earlier.

he's entertaining but he's a frontrunner and should NEVER, be taken seriously when breaking down how anything is going to happen If USC or Tom Brady aren't involved he does no research.
He is a front runner! Though, he did stick with us last last season.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
And about Cowherd, if you complain about him it's like you've already lost. He's just an idiot who tries to get other people riled up. He reminds me of Rush Limbaugh or other talking head types that I can't remember right now, not because of the politics but because he seems to care more about getting people angry than saying things he actually believes.
Clearly, and with the greatest of respect, you have a lot to learn about Rush Limbaugh.

But then, this is a football board...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I really don't understand why y'all continue to watch these guys on ESPN. There is always a thread on here about how much everyone hates these guys, yet everyone continues to watch their shows. Guys and gals it ain't rocket surgery don't watch or listen. Problem solved. :rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.