Link: Very interesting interview with CNS on the LeBatard Show (look it up in French)...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's really fascinating. I can't claim credit for discovering it - a poster on another site linked it. You might want to look at 1:52, 1:59 and 2:13, when they realize they've been owned by Saban in the interview. Then, I'd back up and listen to the entire interview, if you're a big Saban fan. It's Nick at his best (first time I've called him that)...

LINK

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
It's really fascinating. I can't claim credit for discovering it - a poster on another site linked it. You might want to look at 1:52, 1:59 and 2:13, when they realize they've been owned by Saban in the interview. Then, I'd back up and listen to the entire interview, if you're a big Saban fan. It's Nick at his best (first time I've called him that)...

LINK
I saw this posted on Twitter this morning. As soon as I found out that it was from LeBatard's show, I had to take 20 minutes and listen to it. I agree with you...unlike a lot of interviews, this one is worth listening to in its entirety.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Thanks for the link, Earle. It was great to hear Coach and Jason Taylor.

Why are people surprised when Saban comes across as charismatic and just an all-around great human being? You don't have success like he has by being a jerk or a bully.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I have always been of the thought that Alabama will be Saban's last stop as a football coach before retiring, but I have to admit that it does concern me to continue to hear the "I don't have many move's left in me" phrase. It gives me the vibe of, "well I might have one more stop/journey left in me".

Whatever Saban decides, he has left this program in a much better place than he found it. I wish him luck whether he is wearing crimson or any other color. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I love Saban, but I didn't have the patience to sit through the entire interview. I wanted to reach into my computer and strangle Lebatard'. He asked about leaving Miami ten times and then asked why he isn't a nice person? If he wasn't a nice person he'd have told him to go fly a kite and hung up on him.

Or maybe I was in a bad mood from clicking on the first link and having to sit through the idiotic intro to his show. Is his target audience a college frat house?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm shocked CNS even did the interview. As bad as 'tard has publicly trashed him over the years I have no idea why coach even gave him the time of day.

After listening to the entire interview and the extent of 'tards efforts to constantly press the Miami issue. I still cannot fathom why, WHY, WHY, WHY coach would even do an interview on his show?!

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I have always been of the thought that Alabama will be Saban's last stop as a football coach before retiring, but I have to admit that it does concern me to continue to hear the "I don't have many move's left in me" phrase. It gives me the vibe of, "well I might have one more stop/journey left in me".

Whatever Saban decides, he has left this program in a much better place than he found it. I wish him luck whether he is wearing crimson or any other color. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

To be honest 'putin. It shouldn't bother you one bit. CNS is already in his 60's. At some point we are going to have another coach. Personally, I feel he will be here another five years MAX, maybe less. That's just my feeling. However, he's been here long enough to rebuild our program to the point where we don't need another "Nick Saban" hire to win championships. As he did at LSU, he's done here. He's laid a foundation that will last for years. All the university needs to do is continue making solid hires to not drive it off the cliff again.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I'm shocked CNS even did the interview. As bad as 'tard has publicly trashed him over the years I have no idea why coach even gave him the time of day.

After listening to the entire interview and the extent of 'tards efforts to constantly press the Miami issue. I still cannot fathom why, WHY, WHY, WHY coach would even do an interview on his show?!
Just finished listening myself. While it was heavily Miami centric, I do think that it will have benefited CNS and recruiting. Here is why.

1. From the interview you got a sense of the true regret that has been ignored by most of the Miami media.
2. It gave more insight as to why they didn't get Brees. That was an extremely interesting tidbit of information. I always heard it was the front office not wanting him.
3. Keeps Alabama on the minds of the kids in the recruiting hotbed that is Miami.
4. He had some cover with Jason Taylor. That guy is a class act. He is a veritable hero in the mindset of Miamians (sp?) and to hear him speak so well of CNS could definitely change the minds of some recruits who may idolize JT.
5. It set the story straight about the player with dehydration. Both Saban and JT remember it differently.

And then there is always the fall back position. Even bad press is better than no press at all.

C

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Just finished listening myself. While it was heavily Miami centric, I do think that it will have benefited CNS and recruiting. Here is why.

1. From the interview you got a sense of the true regret that has been ignored by most of the Miami media.
2. It gave more insight as to why they didn't get Brees. That was an extremely interesting tidbit of information. I always heard it was the front office not wanting him.
3. Keeps Alabama on the minds of the kids in the recruiting hotbed that is Miami.
4. He had some cover with Jason Taylor. That guy is a class act. He is a veritable hero in the mindset of Miamians (sp?) and to hear him speak so well of CNS could definitely change the minds of some recruits who may idolize JT.
5. It set the story straight about the player with dehydration. Both Saban and JT remember it differently.
And then there is always the fall back position. Even bad press is better than no press at all.

C
Heath Evans is the one who won't let this story die and we all know where he went to school...

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
I was pretty surprised when I heard CNS was going to do LeBatard's show. Obviously LeBatard has been hostile towards him after he left Miami and I'm sure everyone remembers when CNS did "Hey Coach" and LeBatard had Miami fans call in. With the BCSNCG being played in Miami, CNS may have felt it was time to get out in front of this early because he thought it might come up. May have also felt it was time to discuss the departure in the market where that fan base resides. Kudos to CNS for doing that and also for his very candid interview.

Jason Taylor seemed to act like he had a lot of respect for CNS as well. Good all around interview for sure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.