Forbes' College Football's most valuable teams - 7 of top 10 SEC (Tide #6)

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I read the article and still don't understand how LSU and Georgia are more valuable than Bama. Neither their campus, facilities or game attendance exceed us.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I read the article and still don't understand how LSU and Georgia are more valuable than Bama. Neither their campus, facilities or game attendance exceed us.
Total value was tabulated using more than just revenue brought in from football. Don't forget that LSU has a very well-rounded and balanced athletic program.

chittlins

2nd Team
Sep 5, 2007
I've seen these Forbes lists for several years now, sometimes they are all encompassing, and sometimes for a single sport. Arkansas' ranking is about where the NCAA total revenues numbers put it just slightly higher on the Forbes lists. The financial health of Arkansas' sports program is outstanding for a state with less than 3 million people.

harleyspoon

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
I bet A&M jumps up there with the move to the SEC and Manzel winning the Heisman. I'm sure that will generate a ton of sales for them.
Plus....since they were looking at 2011 numbers...the $16M penalty (forfeited revenue) we lost for changing conferences along with Sherman's $5.8M buyout when we hired Sumlin were a drag on our 2011 numbers. Investing $450M in Kyle Field complete renovation over the next three years that will reportedly increase the capacity of Kyle Field from 84,000 to 103,500 plus SRO. Having to invest all the way around as we move across the tracks and get up to SEC standards.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Total value was tabulated using more than just revenue brought in from football. Don't forget that LSU has a very well-rounded and balanced athletic program.
I read what they said they used to come up with their valuations but as far as LSU having a well-rounded and balanced athletic program, the last time I checked we just won more non-football national championships than any other school in the SEC. I'd also rate our bball program well ahead of LSU since we have won the SEC title more than anyone other than Kentucky.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.