Oregon Anticipates a Hearing with NCAA

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
I wouldn't be suprised to see the Browns move to L.A. next season.
Jimmy Haslam lives in Knoxville.

Flight time in a private jet from Knoxville to Cleveland is under an hour. The same plane takes 4 hours to make it to LA.

Right now he can go to the Vols game at Neyland on Saturday night, get a full night's sleep in his own bed, eat breakfast at his own table, be in the owner's box before the team arrives at the stadium for a noon kickoff in a city that filled 92% of the seats this season despite sucking for several years, and then return to eat supper at his own table.

OR

He can move the team to LA, face that 4 hour flight in the dead of night to watch his team play in a city that failed to support both the Rams and Raiders, and then face another 4 hour flight back home.

I think you'll see Nick Saban coaching the Browns before you see the Browns moving to LA with Haslam as their owner.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think Chip Kelly may pull a Pete Carroll shortly. :wink:
I believe the Chip Kelly to the NFL talk a lot more than the Saban talk. Chip is young enough (49) to try out the NFL and if things don't go well he can still come back and land a top college job (like Kiffin, Petrino, Spurrier, etc...). If he's going to leave for the NFL, he needs to do it when the money is on the table and his stock is high.

Chip could probably stick around for a little while longer at Oregon without hurting his stock, but Oregon has accepted some wrong doing and the NCAA doesn't think that's enough. The question is, if Chip has a high paying NFL job waiting for him, would he risk sticking around at Oregon? If there's enough dirt he ultimately might not have a choice in terms of staying there long term anyway.

It's an interesting situation, but considering you can basically take a mulligan when it comes to going to the NFL, there's a lot of incentive for him to make that move.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.