Link: Is Golson the next McCarron?

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007
meaning will the BCGCG be Golson's coming out party like it was AJ's. They both struggled at times during their first games at the helm and then progressed alot on the way to the big game.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I would not even compare the both. AJ and Golson have two totally different backgrounds. AJ learned from GMAC and I don't even know who teached Golson. His will be AJ's game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Lemme see... Hmm... They both play Qb... and then, well... I guess they've officially run out of anything to write about...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If after the BCSCG Golson has performed as AJ did last year, the conversation can begin. Short of something like that, I just don't see the similarities.

He isn't being groomed the same way. Last season, we didn't AJ to win anything, just not to lose it. To me, even in the BCSCG he wasn't ask to to win it just be smart, but you saw how well he was groomed for the big stage. It's really carried over this year to his development.

Golson, eh... He's been benched, gotten better but he wouldn't start on any SEC team. He's been asked to win games and floundered miserably. No way he is the next AJ. Maybe he should try something else first.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm worried about Notre Dame, I'm not really worried about Golson...
Also, the two are not at all alike.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I agree with Gary D. about this; you better have a QB if you are going to beat Bama. I don't know if Golson is the man to do that. I expect that backup in the second half; Kelly won't hesitate like Miles did.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.