Wake me up please! This can't be possible next year

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
WR Starters

R. Foster (#1 WR prospect in some polls)
C. Black (possibly better than Cooper?)
A. Cooper (Freshman All American)

Running Back Starters

TJ Yeldon (Freshman All American)
D. Henry (All time High School rushing leader)

TE Starter

OJ Howard (Possibly the best receiving TE prospect ever to come out of High School)

Center Starter

Kelly (Freshman All SEC)

Rest or OL Starters

Cyrus k (Should be his break out year, possible All American)
Stein (Solid as ever)
...and a ton of other talent that we saw in almost every second half this year.

QB

AJ McCarron (#1 Pass Efficiency in the country, All time Bama passing TD leader)

If I'm dreaming, please don't ever wake me up!!!!!!!

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think #7, #22, #83, and others will have something to say about the Freshman starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
WR Starters

R. Foster (#1 WR prospect in some polls)
C. Black (possibly better than Cooper?)
A. Cooper (Freshman All American)

Running Back Starters

TJ Yeldon (Freshman All American)
D. Henry (All time High School rushing leader)

TE Starter

OJ Howard (Possibly the best receiving TE prospect ever to come out of High School)

Center Starter

Kelly (All Freshman SEC)

Rest or OL Starters

Cyrus k (Should be his break out year, possible All American)
Stein (Solid as ever)
...and a ton of other talent that we saw in almost every second half this year.

QB

AJ McCarron (#1 Pass Efficiency in the country, All time Bama passing TD leader)

If I'm dreaming, please don't ever wake me up!!!!!!!

Roll Tide Roll!!!!!
Foster starting probably isn't true. So you know.....

And all this talk about Black being better than Cooper might be a tad overblown

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

From what I've read and heard Black might be slightly straight line faster than Cooper but I seriously doubt he's better. Cooper is an awesome athlete with great hands, supernatural body control and proven he can peform under big game pressure.

RTR!!!

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

i think so too. nothing at anytime has shown that to be so. Black does some things that cant be taught though. Same with Foster and Cooper but no way all those guys just jump over Norwood and Bell. No way.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I should also add that it's not a guarantee that Henry will get to Bama and immediately become #2. The talent in front of him and coming in with him are very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
While I don't agree with your placement of some players as starters, it really just makes your point stronger as we are adding all of this talent to a roster that is already filled with great players at the skill positions.

If we can figure out replacing the OL and get through the A&m game next years team will have a great shot at winning it all.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Maybe not possible at the beginning of the year, but by end of year?

Coop, the leading Tide Receiver by far, and Yeldon's 1,000 yards....who would have thought!!

RTR!!!

Last edited:

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Let's not be in such a hurry to award starter status to incoming freshmen over other highly recruited studs that have been here awhile.

And I seriously doubt that we have anyone better than Cooper, that kid is an elite athlete and he has that knack of rising to the moment which can't be coached.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Maybe not possible at the beginning of the year, but by end of year?

Coop, the leading Tide Receiver by far, and Yeldon's 1,000 yards....who would have thought!!

RTR!!!
TJ having 1,000 yards rushing is surprising because Eddie has it, too. Coop was able to take the lead for the WR corps because the leaders from 2011 were gone.

The talent and experience are in front of any incoming Freshman. Good luck to the very talented guys that are coming to campus with high personal and team expectations.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
My guess on the WR depth:

X: Cooper / White / Shinn
Y: Norwood / Bell / Foster
Z: Ch. Jones / Black / Cy. Jones

Black and Ch. Jones are probably going to be similar to Norwood and Bell this season where they split the snaps pretty evenly (similar to X right before White went down too). Foster is going to get on the field because he's such a great talent as a returner and since his eligibility clock will be ticking I would assume they'll try to get him involved. I think people underrate how well developed and experienced the 5 returning guys with starting experience (Cooper, Norwood, Bell, White, and Ch. Jones) are in this group. Black is going to breakout next year, so that is a pretty solid 6 contributors right off the bat. I think Foster could pass up Shinn but he's going to be fighting for snaps with some great players.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
What about the defense?
Stinson and Pagan will be the bookends while Ivory and Lake start at nose. Pagan has a lot of that Marcel Dareus look to him in build and plays on the field. The linebacker corp will be full of Juniors (DePriest, Hubbard, Dickson) with a great deal of experience and a Senior CJ Mosley leading the way in the middle. Denzel Devall is pushing Hubbard and Dickson at the OLB spots though. There is no shortage of talent and it will all be quite experienced.

The secondary will be without long-time contributors Dee Milliner and Robert Lester. Still, there is an embarrassment of riches at safety. Jarrick Williams will be healthy next year while HaHa, Perry, and Sunseri all have a great deal of experience. Don't forget about Landon Collins, a former 5-star safety, who has been mostly in special teams this season (remember, Barron followed a similar path after coming in with high expectations). We need a corner to step up in addition to Belue and Geno Smith. Fulton will be a senior and the obvious first choice. I expect Geno will start on the outside in base defense but Fulton will be the 5th DB and Smith will slide into star when in nickel.

All this said, the defense has the potential to be an elite unit. I feel like the LB corp is the strongest we've had position by position since Saban got here and Pagan is due to be a breakout 3-year player if he keeps his development going through the offseason.

I think the defense has the potential to be the strength of the team next year which is saying a lot because the offense has a great deal of potential to be one of the elite in the nation. For as good as our defense looks statistically this year, many - and myself - just don't feel like we have an elite defense because Alabama defenses get compared to units like 2009 and 2011. 2013 has the potential to look more like what we've come to expect. I think even the better offenses are going to struggle to score on us next year unlike this year when the better teams exposed some cracks in the armor.

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Incredible depth at the WR position. I'll be interested to see how OJH impacts the TE depth chart. This could be an explosive offense that nobody will want to deal with.

I guess my concern, or speculative worry, is about our offensive line. Namely, can we maintain our physicality and knock the DL back? I see a lot of promise there...and none of the young'uns are small, either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.