Alabama Notre Dame Comparison

Maverick2

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2012
Notre Dame's chances seem tied to the the front seven of their defense and turnovers.

And Golson HAS to make plays to get ND into the endzone. ND will move the ball, they have to score TD's

The history of these games are that they have been close with the one exception of Alabama's win between them. That game was a blow out because of trunovers.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Everybody is talking about ND's red zone defense but it might not really matter. If they continue to give up big plays between the 20's folks like Cooper, Lacy and Yeldon etc. will not get to the 20 and run out of bounds, they'll run it on into the end zone. Has ND really faced this level of skill players in the last 28 games?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
USC had a better group of receivers but nowhere near the talent on the OL+Backs. Also, they were starting a Freshman in his first game at QB instead of their four-year starter. Stanford has a good compliment of backs nearing our own (not quite as talented but good) with a great running OL, but they don't have any WRs. Alabama is kind of the combination of those two on offense: a pretty solid WR corp and great tailbacks behind an experienced OL and veteran QB.

They've seen pieces of what we can bring to the table but not the full package in one team. They've played a lot of teams that can only do one thing well this year.

Last edited:
USC had a better group of receivers but nowhere near the talent on the OL+Backs. Also, they were starting a Freshman in his first game at QB instead of their four-year starter. Stanford has a good compliment of backs nearing our own (not quite as talented but good) with a great running OL, but they don't have any WRs. Alabama is kind of the combination of those two on offense: a pretty solid WR corp and great tailbacks behind an experienced OL and veteran QB.

They've seen pieces of what we can bring to the table but not the full package in one team. They've played a lot of teams that can only do one thing well this year.
Without Barkley they were as poor as can be on offense. They were easily made one dimensional. The balance Bama brings is unmatched. The media portrays them as Trojan killers but lets be real. The Trojans weren't anything more than a back row SEC team, if that.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
As has been said, when it gets down to the Championship Game, not much that happened prior matters much, especially prior to this season. In ND's case, I don't think I would even look back past mid year to rate them. They truly are a different team than the first half. With that said, I'm confident of a win, but not a blowout. RTR

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They're truly a different team in the second half because they didn't play a single team worth a darn after OU at the end of October. Beating Oklahoma in Norman was impressive but I've always been skeptical of OU against any physical team. I don't really care that they blew up Texas a few weeks previous to Notre Dame. Texas is just another big-time program that plays soft on the big stage too. It's no surprise that Notre Dame won simply because they outphysical'd OU. OU was having to pass on every down because they can't really run well anyway when they play anyone with a real run defense; they got blown up by gut-punch runs because they've built a defense for that sissy-ball-pass-all-the-time conference.

I really think that Stanford was the best team they've played and it was debatable whether they would have won it considering Taylor was clearly not fully stopped on that fourth down. I've seen Lacy, Richardson, and Ingram fight for yards in a pile longer without a whistle than Taylor was in that pile he rolled off of into the endzone. I don't think they would have beat Stanford today with Hogan starting at QB. I mean, Stanford was a bad progress-stopped judgement call from extending that game in OT with absolutely nothing positive going on at QB.

I respect Notre Dame's defense...they're a tough cookie but OU was their best win and I have very little respect for OU on the national stage these days.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.