Tide Pride price increase

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
This was all but inevitable as money continues to drive college football, but Tide Pride is raising prices as follows:

Ivory Club - from $3,250 per seat to $3,575
South Zone - from $2,000 to $2,200
North Zone - from $1,500 to $1,650
Scholarship Club - from $1,300 to $1,430
Crimson Tide Club - from $600 to $660
Touchdown Club - from $390 to $430
Bama Club - from $260 to $290
Century Club - from $130 to $145
Extra Point Club - from $80 to $100
Sideline Club (new) - $50

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
How do you get into the Ivory Club? Isn't there some other requirement besides the obvious (Money)?
i know there is a waiting list for the other levels but seems like some other req'ts for Ivory. Just curious--I won't get there.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sideline Club is interesting because obviously you can't contribute enough to get into the stadium with 50 dollar scratches. I guess it would be a good way for a young man or woman to get started into the program so down the line they can tickets a little earlier?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
How do you get into the Ivory Club? Isn't there some other requirement besides the obvious (Money)?
i know there is a waiting list for the other levels but seems like some other req'ts for Ivory. Just curious--I won't get there.
I'm not aware of requirements other than money. But buying your way in was $25K one-time shot for two seats several years ago (plus the annual fee for each seat each year, plus the price of the tickets for each seat each year). I wouldn't be surprised if that one-time shot were $75 - $100K today. Plus, plus, plus.

As each year passes, and donations pile up, the bar gets raised for entry to all TP clubs. Trouble is, at the Scholarship Club level, the bar gets raised at higher annual increment than other levels.

It's kind of like running up a down-moving escalator, only each step costs hundreds or thousands of dollars. Nothing the Tide Pride management is doing...a simple matter of (largely) unlimited cash donors versus a highly limited number of spaces.

Plus, at this level, these guys are just more insulated from the economic ups and downs most of us face. So openings for the finite number of seats are harder to come by, and there's more money chasing the musical chairs every year.

No, it's no fun. And the little guy is getting priced out. But would you rather have an expensive high quality program, where a high eight-figure weight room and meeting facility is a matter of drawing it up, or a program paid for with license fees of a couple hundred per?

As my grandmother used to say, "You pays your money, and you takes your choice." This is why they call Economics "the dismal science."

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
This may be a stupid question but how would I begin the process of obtaining season tickets?

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
This may be a stupid question but how would I begin the process of obtaining season tickets?
You can add your name to the Tide Pride waiting listing, which some say is about 10,000 names long and means you'll have to wait several years. Or you can call Tide Pride and "buy" your way to the front of the line with a fairly significant one-time donation, then pay the annual dues for whatever club level you land in.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
You can add your name to the Tide Pride waiting listing, which some say is about 10,000 names long and means you'll have to wait several years. Or you can call Tide Pride and "buy" your way to the front of the line with a fairly significant one-time donation, then pay the annual dues for whatever club level you land in.
Are the dues the prices listed above or are the due's in addition to the tickets?

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Are the dues the prices listed above or are the due's in addition to the tickets?
The prices listed above are the "club dues" that you pay per seat at each level. Then you still have to pay the cost of the tickets. The ticket package has been running about $400 per seat for 7 or 8 games per year. The "dues" are mostly tax deductible as a charitable donation, except for a portion that's ascribed to your "club benefit" (media guide, parking pass, and other goodies). Hope this helps.

bigdaddy51200

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 10, 2007
Athens , AL
I got my name on the list before Shula was fired. Then I gave 750.00 to crimson tide foundation and got the bonus points , then I got tickets when they opened the south endzone. The only way is buy your way in , this will move you up the waiting list .

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I just hope I don't bet bumped out of TP because of all of the people that bought their way in. As of right now I am in the century club. You would figure with more people buying their way up the ladder, the back end is going to be craping out folks on the bottom end of the club levels out onto the street.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I just hope I don't bet bumped out of TP because of all of the people that bought their way in. As of right now I am in the century club. You would figure with more people buying their way up the ladder, the back end is going to be craping out folks on the bottom end of the club levels out onto the street.

Maybe I'm being ignorant here, but I thought once you're in you're in. I don't think anyone that wants to "donate" into a section can bump someone out of said section. If that were the case then every section would have a constant bidding war going on. I think they can replace people who either pass away or can no longer donate.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Maybe I'm being ignorant here, but I thought once you're in you're in. I don't think anyone that wants to "donate" into a section can bump someone out of said section. If that were the case then every section would have a constant bidding war going on. I think they can replace people who either pass away or can no longer donate.
You're right. Once you actually receive tickets, you're in so long as you keep making the annual dues and ticket purchases.

However, if you're still on the waiting list, you can and will get jumped in line by folks who donate more than you do while waiting. Stinks, I know, to have to donate to keep your place in line when you don't even get the chance to buy tickets yet, but that's how it works.

Also, I think Tide Pride membership can pass from a deceased spouse to the surviving spouse. But when that spouse dies, the spot opens up -- as in, I don't think the survivor can bequeath the spot upon his or her death.

Don't know what happens if the survivor subsequently remarries, then pre-decreases the second spouse, but the program has been going for 25 years now, and I'm sure there's an established procedure.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I'm curious to know what type of formula they use for filling up the club levels? There have to be X seats over Y available seats and which other ones are set aside for other departments.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
There are a lot of schools out there where you can walk up to the gate ten minutes before kickoff and buy great tickets (or buy cheap tickets and go sit in unsold seats). Yes, it would be nice if the average Joe could afford to buy season tickets, but then we wouldn't be able to afford Saban, the great facilitates and everything else.

You take the good with the bad.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.