ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Re: Al.com 5-part History of Bama vs. ND

Thanks for the link. I watched the entire Part 5 and hadn't seen it in years. At the end of the piece there is a video of the two guys parading the sign "This Ones for you Bear" around the track at Legion Field. At one end of the sign is my youngest brother and the other end is my brother-in-law who was Foots Clement's nephew. If you don't recognize the name, Foots was an All American tackle, team captain of the 1930 team that was undefeated, won the Rose Bowl and the National Championship. If I remember correctly, they only gave up 13 points for the entire year. (That is my recollection from what I read and NOT what I witnessed -I am not that old). Sadly we buried my brother-in-law earlier this year back in Rover, Arkansas in the same family plot with Foots. God we had some good times and good memories together.

Maverick2

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2012
Alabama was at a BIG disadvantage in that 87 game. Scheduling an OCC game against ND on the road sandwiched between LSU and Auburn was a VERY tall order.

Today conferences would not schedule such a tough OCC opponent in the middle of conference play.
It's just suicidal

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Except for Part V, that series depressed the heck out of me. Was that supposed to be a Christmas gift for Barners to read?

kevak

Oct 2, 2004
Sadly, if played today Bennett's bone-crushing hit would probably be a helmet to helmet penalty. That would have changed the dynamic of the whole game and there would be no Daniel Moore "The Sack".

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
I think it is a good thing for modern-day Crimson Tide fans (and players) that Nick Saban goes about preparing for each game in the same analytical, systematic, meticulous way no matter the opponent. For those of us 50 and older, there is just too much negative baggage associated with Notre Dame to permit any kind of objectivity or detachment concerning the 1/7/13 game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.