Link: tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
If this actually happens, then it's a Khan move and I'm done rooting for the Jags. I want my team to draft well for once and win games consistently instead of bringing in gimmick wannabe QB who can't even hit the broad side of a barn. Didn't want him when he came out and don't want him now because he'll never be a good QB in the pros no matter what the blind Tebow-lovers say.

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
Khan will bring in Tebow to sell tickets and jerseys. Purely a business move IMO
Except that he wouldn't sell tickets and jersey sales are distributed equally throughout the entire league. As a football move AND a business move, it's really stupid.

Jax is awful give tbow a shot and see what happens
He's going to stink and if we did give him a shot, he'll set the franchise back another 5-6 years trying to repair the damage. Better to let him flounder in FA limbo than to waste a roster spot on someone who couldn't beat out anyone we have on the roster right now or any rookie we'd draft in April.

If this actually happens, then it's a Khan move and I'm done rooting for the Jags. I want my team to draft well for once and win games consistently instead of bringing in gimmick wannabe QB who can't even hit the broad side of a barn. Didn't want him when he came out and don't want him now because he'll never be a good QB in the pros no matter what the blind Tebow-lovers say.
Khan could have had Tebow last year and didn't get him... not to mention Tebow himself could have picked Jacksonville and didn't. From some of the Jaguars fans I know, they think this is the work of Tebow's family putting information out there because they realize Jacksonville is about his only option at this point.

Last edited:

Condor 63

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2003
Birmingham, AL
home.bham.rr.com
Does it matter? They are the Jags. Just for the record I am a big Saints fan and I would have said the same thing about them in the Ditka 90's.

If Tebow works out for them, great and if he doesn't they won't be any worse than they are now. When you are as bad as they are you need to throw everything at the wall until something finally sticks.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Skip Bayless article in case it's of interest:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8769848/tebow-new-york-story-closing

I hope I'm not just wearing my orange and blue glasses when I say that Tim Tebow brings with him a unique skill set - and what happened to him this season - was a disgrace to the Jets management and coaching staff - specifically on Ryan and Sparano.

Even if you are not necessarily a supporter of Tebow...as a football fan - you hate to see any player with a competitive heart like Tim has - have to sit on the sidelines game after game after lousy game.

Shame on the Jets organization. I only hope GMAC gets to where he deserves to be in this mess as well.

Skip Bayless article in case it's of interest:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8769848/tebow-new-york-story-closing

I hope I'm not just wearing my orange and blue glasses when I say that Tim Tebow brings with him a unique skill set - and what happened to him this season - was a disgrace to the Jets management and coaching staff - specifically on Ryan and Sparano.

Even if you are not necessarily a supporter of Tebow...as a football fan - you hate to see any player with a competitive heart like Tim has - have to sit on the sidelines game after game after lousy game.

Shame on the Jets organization. I only hope GMAC gets to where he deserves to be in this mess as well.
I'm far from a fan of Ryan and Sparano but has it ever occurred to you that they were far from impressed by what they saw of Tebow in training camp, yet had no choice but to make him the back-up as to avoid an even bigger circus?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm far from a fan of Ryan and Sparano but has it ever occurred to you that they were far from impressed by what they saw of Tebow in training camp, yet had no choice but to make him the back-up as to avoid an even bigger circus?
No - that possibility never occurred to me.

My analysis is only based on what I know to be true - what I have personally witnessed.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Except that he wouldn't sell tickets and jersey sales are distributed equally throughout the entire league. As a football move AND a business move, it's really stupid.

He's going to stink and if we did give him a shot, he'll set the franchise back another 5-6 years trying to repair the damage. Better to let him flounder in FA limbo than to waste a roster spot on someone who couldn't beat out anyone we have on the roster right now or any rookie we'd draft in April.
i'm not trying to quibble with you, but it seems like if there's one team that people forget is even in the league, it's jax. so, in that sense, i'm not sure it's possible to set the franchise back from where it is.

i'm not saying i think tebow will be successful on the field, but it's probably good for marketing and merchandise sales.

like is said, i get the impression that jax could disappear and most nfl fans would hardly notice.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Thank goodness. He wasted a year with the Jets.
Wasted is too kind. He was useless. What a waste of two draft picks. I has hell bent against the whole thing from day 1. What in the world were the Jets thinking? Here's to GMAC having a great two games and sending Sanchez and Tebow out of NJ!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.