Link: tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
This Tebowmania has to stop, seriously, the guy is a great man, and great athlete, but not a great NFL QB. Him going back home to Jacksonville is cool but he's overrated, very very overrated.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Because some of us have grown extremely tired of the circus. He polarizes a team and polarizes opinions about him. He's become a circus, and it's evident teams are avoiding that. It's not something he really avoided or made attempts to avoid, until the heat got on him when he got passed over this week. He's also not the only professional athlete with character, yet it seems to be presented like that.
I think Tebow is too over the top with his Christianity to the point that it comes across as manufactured rather than genuine. Much like these kids these days who try to play the part of being "Country Boys". They dress the part, drive the jacked up trucks, do everything they can to let everybody know they are "Country Boys". When in reality a real country boy doesn't have to do all of that. It's just who they are and there's no over the top effort nor any need to prove it. It comes out naturally.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Neither teams Tim has played for supplied what I would call a productive environment for a QB to play in. Neither Coach Fox nor Ryan wanted him - so factor that into things.

If you look at all the current NFL Q.B.'s - how many would you say are good and what teams do they play on? There are some great programs and many not so great programs.

The general manager has a lot to do with it (as has been discussed) but so does the head coach and the rest of the staff.

Manning is a great QB - no doubt. But did you know they added OL, WR, and TEs this season...as well as upgrades on defense...but got rid of their best receiver the year they brought in Tim?

We could debate whether Tim has the "correct" throwing motion (or not) all day long. But throwing motion is only part of what is important for a competitive NFL QB.

You are welcome to your opinion - but my position on the subject is until we see him on a decent team with adequate support the jury is still out on his ultimate success in the NFL.

===========

As to the controversy over whether he opted out for last week's game.....he busted 2 ribs against Seattle on Nov. 10. So if he declined to run the Wildcat again and add further damage to his ribs, etc. - after being lied to (this is why Tim chose the Jets over the Jags....more playing time) - with playoff chances gone - and GMAC given the nod as starter - I don't blame him . It appears at the end of the week he and Coach Ryan had resolved the situation anyway. But for those who are saying he's a quitter, whiner, etc....you have to be kidding but go for it...that's why it's called a talk forum...so folks can "talk".

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...bow-has-broken-ribs-why-did-jets-activate-him

If Tebow was that hurt, why dress him at all? A healthy Tebow hasn't contributed anything all season, so why activate him with busted ribs?

"I had to do a little bit of talking just to dress, but I just want to be there for my teammates in case they needed me in an emergency situation," Tebow said, via The Star-Ledger.
Those are noble intentions, but would it have helped the Jets if they needed Tebow in the second quarter? No. 3 quarterback Greg McElroy, who's healthy, was inactive. Tebow's best attribute is his athletic, playmaking ability. He probably wouldn't have been able to take shots with broken ribs. Tebow was the only active player on either team not to play a single snap.

Take a look at photos from the Thanksgiving Day matchup between the Patriots and Jets.

Think the 30-point loss was a disaster? Imagine if Sanchez would have been injured early.
"I wasn't going to put him out there," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "I mean he'd practiced, but a couple of days ago, you could tell he was hurting, maybe his breathing was a little different, and I'm standing there like, 'Shoot, I wouldn't play my son if that was the situation.' To Tim's credit, he wanted to be there for his team, there's no doubt.
"If you left it up to him, there's no doubt. I was like, look, if we absolutely have to have him, then we may consider it. But to me, that would be the only way we were going to play Tim."

That's why there's a coaching staff to make those decisions. But hey, how much worse could it have been?
"The thought did go through my mind to possibly deactivate him," Ryan said. "But when he came out here, he felt that if he had to go, then he could get it done, and that was my decision."

==========

Talk about wasting a year of a guy's career.

The sooner Tim gets out of New York the better.

I also feel GMAC will also not benefit if he remains with the Jets.

My last post on this thread.....time will tell....as it always does.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
We finally figured him out (SECCG 2009 - a VERY happy memory), but I was sure glad when he went to the NFL. So far, he has won more NFL games as a starter than he lost, and he practically willed Denver into the playoffs. I can confirm that locally, not all Tebow fans are Gator fans.

This is the third wave of Tebowmania in Jacksonville. The current GM passed on him in the draft and passed again when Denver got rid of him. The mania will only cease when/if he gets a legitimate chance at leading a team as the starter for a season - and either succeeds or fails.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
We finally figured him out (SECCG 2009 - a VERY happy memory), but I was sure glad when he went to the NFL. So far, he has won more NFL games as a starter than he lost, and he practically willed Denver into the playoffs.
Let's be kind to Tebow and try to ignore his numbers. We shouldn't get into the 47.9 completion percentage or the fact that he has almost as many turnovers as touchdowns.

Let's just look at his record as a starter. Tim Tebow is 8-6 as a starter. That includes 7-4 as a Bronco, but he lost the last three regular season games he started, obviously they figured out how to stop him. He did win a playoff game, with a dreadful 47.6 completion percentage, and he lost the following game with a absolutely horrendous 34.6 completion percentage.

Let's compare him to a good quarterback, who happened to play with the same personnel. Peyton Manning is 12-3 this year. His worst completion percentage of the year is 50%.

Tebow took a very good Denver team and played very mediocre. He's a quitter, he's a spoiled, entitled, overrated crybaby. He gets extra credit because of how he acts in front of cameras, even though he clearly has trouble putting a sentence together. I do not get the Tebow worship and I can't help but think it has to do more with his professed faith, than his actions.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
How many QB's will come off looking good if Peyton Manning follows them? He's almost in a class by himself.

IMO, Tebow's faith works against him with the haters at least as much as it works for him with the lovers.

The current Jaguars starting QB has 9 TD's and 8 INT's, which is "almost as many turnovers as touchdowns". At this point, they are so bad it's hard to see how bringing him in would make them worse.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Let's be kind to Tebow and try to ignore his numbers. We shouldn't get into the 47.9 completion percentage or the fact that he has almost as many turnovers as touchdowns.

Let's just look at his record as a starter. Tim Tebow is 8-6 as a starter. That includes 7-4 as a Bronco, but he lost the last three regular season games he started, obviously they figured out how to stop him. He did win a playoff game, with a dreadful 47.6 completion percentage, and he lost the following game with a absolutely horrendous 34.6 completion percentage.

Let's compare him to a good quarterback, who happened to play with the same personnel. Peyton Manning is 12-3 this year. His worst completion percentage of the year is 50%.

Tebow took a very good Denver team and played very mediocre. He's a quitter, he's a spoiled, entitled, overrated crybaby. He gets extra credit because of how he acts in front of cameras, even though he clearly has trouble putting a sentence together. I do not get the Tebow worship and I can't help but think it has to do more with his professed faith, than his actions.
Good post! FWIW, I share his professed faith...and I am NOT a Tebow fan. Your last paragraph nails it. I wonder why my fellow Christians aren't so ga-ga over Sam Bradford & Colt McCoy & Austin Davis (USM grad now w/ the Cards) & (etc....there are quite a few professing Christians in the NFL). mrs. exiled has a theory that St. Tim gets all the press solely because he's handsome. I, as a hetero male, have no input on that. ;)

Has there ever been as many press conferences & news reports about a backup QB who hardly ever plays?

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Regardless of the value of the words coming out of his mouth when he has time to prepare a speech, I've always had the feeling Tebow has too much of a diva personality under the well-choreographed media machine exterior. Sure, he wants to play, and has won a few games. But anyone with a less polished exterior would be getting hammered in the media for being "obviously disappointed" about not playing. I can't pin it on anything concrete, but I don't trust him and am glad he's not one of my team's QBs. If enough people fawn over anyone for long enough, things start to change. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Any way you slice it. The Jets are now sort of McElroy's team. Hope he impresses.
as much as I'd like it, i dont see this with sanchez there....too much money in him. now, if they trade him away, maybe.

I'd love to see Mcelroy have a chance, but I dont think its written on the wall yet....

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
The current Jaguars starting QB has 9 TD's and 8 INT's, which is "almost as many turnovers as touchdowns". At this point, they are so bad it's hard to see how bringing him in would make them worse.
Because he'd never beat out Gabbert or Henne. I doubt he'd even be able to beat out whatever rookie we may end up drafting. He honestly needs to stop deluding himself into thinking he's an NFL QB when he's not(along with his fanbase too, but that'll never happen).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.