Link: tebow to Jax- Let the gator worship begin-

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
The Jets got stuck with Tebow and didn't know what to do. They realize that Greg is better, but hey we spent all of this money and ......... The Jets management is sad and enept to say the least.

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
Khan could have had Tebow last year and didn't get him... not to mention Tebow himself could have picked Jacksonville and didn't. From some of the Jaguars fans I know, they think this is the work of Tebow's family putting information out there because they realize Jacksonville is about his only option at this point.
That wouldn't shock me because I'm sure Khan's not dumb enough to do what pretty much amounts to tampering which carries a pretty hefty penalty.

DothanTide

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 6, 2011
i'm not trying to quibble with you, but it seems like if there's one team that people forget is even in the league, it's jax. so, in that sense, i'm not sure it's possible to set the franchise back from where it is.
I don't care what the other fans in the league think.

i'm not saying i think tebow will be successful on the field, but it's probably good for marketing and merchandise sales.
Everything so far has pointed to this has being a myth. Jersey sales are split between every team in the league and he hasn't even created a blip on ticket sales. This year(and the previous year) has shown that the Jags will come and support the team and don't need a fullback who's deluded himself into thinking that he's starting QB caliber in the NFL to get fans to show up.

like is said, i get the impression that jax could disappear and most nfl fans would hardly notice.
And like I said, I don't care what they think. I want my team to win and recognition will come if they win and win consistently. Bringing in a gimmicky failure like Bustbow is just digging the hole deeper and shows that Khan doesn't care about building an actual winner.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Except that he wouldn't sell tickets and jersey sales are distributed equally throughout the entire league. As a football move AND a business move, it's really stupid.

He's going to stink and if we did give him a shot, he'll set the franchise back another 5-6 years trying to repair the damage. Better to let him flounder in FA limbo than to waste a roster spot on someone who couldn't beat out anyone we have on the roster right now or any rookie we'd draft in April.
Tebow to Jax is a sexy and real feelgood story. For the most part I like and respect Tebow and was pulling for him last year in Denver to make it work. But I don't see him as making it as a pro QB now. The Jets were absolute idiots not knowing what to do with him. And if Jax wastes time on him as a reclamation project, it does just set them back as far as finally getting a solution to their miserable QB problems. If Tebow's just being there helps bring in enough fans and $ for awhile to make it all worth it then fine. But if they can't find a legitimate use for him on the field then I don't see how it could be worth it in the long run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Tebow to Jax is a sexy and real feelgood story. For the most part I like and respect Tebow and was pulling for him last year in Denver to make it work. But I don't see him as making it as a pro QB now. The Jets were absolute idiots not knowing what to do with him. And if Jax wastes time on him as a reclamation project, it does just set them back as far as finally getting a solution to their miserable QB problems. If Tebow's just being there helps bring in enough fans and $ for awhile to make it all worth it then fine. But if they can't find a legitimate use for him on the field then I don't see how it could be worth it in the long run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
As you mentioned, Tebow to Jacksonville would definitely not be a feel good story for the Jaguars as a team.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
You can blame Josh McDaniels for all this. Tebow should have been a 5th round pick at best. Drafting Tebow in TE 1st round forced their hands into playing him. Can't sit him because you are wasting an early pick. This crap has followed him everywhere.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
You can blame Josh McDaniels for all this. Tebow should have been a 5th round pick at best. Drafting Tebow in TE 1st round forced their hands into playing him. Can't sit him because you are wasting an early pick. This crap has followed him everywhere.
Yeah but the Broncos made the playoffs --- and actually won a few playoff games.

But only after he was given a chance to be their starter.

I don't understand why the Jets didn't at least utilize him somewhere....even in the wildcat they could have used him.

Did you see what happened today:

"The Jets ran the wildcat a handful of times -- but with wide receiver Jeremy Kerley instead of Tebow, who stood on the sideline the entire game without getting a snap."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321223020

Maybe as Diamond mentioned.....he just didn't impress them in practice....who can really say.

But to say a team is stuck with him......after doing what he did for Denver last season and then the way he was just not utilized to any extent by the Jets this season.....

I'm no expert by any means and this is just my opinion.

But a QB can only prosper if given the right opportunity in the right program.

And even then it takes time to develop. I look forward to seeing Tebow get that chance, hopefully with the right organization where it will be a good fit. It certainly has not been so far with either NFL teams he has played for.

Yeah but the Broncos made the playoffs --- and actually won a few playoff games.

But only after he was given a chance to be their starter.

I don't understand why the Jets didn't at least utilize him somewhere....even in the wildcat they could have used him.

Did you see what happened today:

"The Jets ran the wildcat a handful of times -- but with wide receiver Jeremy Kerley instead of Tebow, who stood on the sideline the entire game without getting a snap."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321223020

Maybe as Diamond mentioned.....he just didn't impress them in practice....who can really say.

But to say a team is stuck with him......after doing what he did for Denver last season and then the way he was just not utilized to any extent by the Jets this season.....

I'm no expert by any means and this is just my opinion.

But a QB can only prosper if given the right opportunity in the right program.

And even then it takes time to develop. I look forward to seeing Tebow get that chance, hopefully with the right organization where it will be a good fit. It certainly has not been so far with either NFL teams he has played for.
He won one playoff game on the back of Denver's very good defense.

The problem is very simple: Tebow is not a good passer. Period. No one is going to start a quarterback in the NFL if they are a consistently bad passer in terms of mechanics and delivery.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The problem is very simple: Tebow is not a good passer. Period. No one is going to start a quarterback in the NFL if they are a consistently bad passer in terms of mechanics and delivery.
I agree he won due to the defense and he is not a good passer, however, he beat the Steelers in overtime in the play-offs on a beautifully thrown TD pass. Unless the entire offensive philosophy changes to a Meyer type spread offense he should not ever again start another game IMO.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

He's more than just a passer.

He just has to get with the right team.

And he Jets are not that team.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
He wants to play quarterback in the NFL... last time I checked, passing is a HUGE part of that position. A team has to basically gut and rebuild around someone like Tebow, and, frankly, there aren't many, if any, willing to do that.
I totally agree with everything you are saying - except that he is a poor passer. Does he have the best arm in the NFL? Of course not. But he does have a strong arm and can make excellent throws. He needs more playing time to develop and that's not happening with the Jets. I can't wait to see him out of there!

They didn't even bring him in today for the wildcat. The other guy they used threw an interception. The Jets....no playoffs for them.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I just don't get the Tebow hate. You can almost feel it in many of the posts in this thread. It's not just that some think we won't succeed....it's almost as if many actively desire that he fail. And for what?

Tebow was supposedly a joke in Denver until he led them to a playoff win. And don't give me that bull about them winning in spite of him due to their defense. In the NFL the QB and the HC are held accountable for W's and L's. If Denver had won only 1 game with Tebow then he would've been blamed for the losses no matter what. They won, so he won....that's how I see it.

The NYJ, I believe, originally thought that they could use Tebow in a similar fashion to Kordell Stewart and others in Pittsburgh. I don't think it was smart....but I do think that was the plan.

Tebow is a + in the locker room, imo. He's positive. He works hard. He possesses poise and character. I don't see how he could hurt the Jax franchise. I wish him well and hope he gets a fair shake at just being a QB.

I just don't get the Tebow hate. You can almost feel it in many of the posts in this thread. It's not just that some think we won't succeed....it's almost as if many actively desire that he fail. And for what?

Tebow was supposedly a joke in Denver until he led them to a playoff win. And don't give me that bull about them winning in spite of him due to their defense. In the NFL the QB and the HC are held accountable for W's and L's. If Denver had won only 1 game with Tebow then he would've been blamed for the losses no matter what. They won, so he won....that's how I see it.

The NYJ, I believe, originally thought that they could use Tebow in a similar fashion to Kordell Stewart and others in Pittsburgh. I don't think it was smart....but I do think that was the plan.

Tebow is a + in the locker room, imo. He's positive. He works hard. He possesses poise and character. I don't see how he could hurt the Jax franchise. I wish him well and hope he gets a fair shake at just being a QB.
Because some of us have grown extremely tired of the circus. He polarizes a team and polarizes opinions about him. He's become a circus, and it's evident teams are avoiding that. It's not something he really avoided or made attempts to avoid, until the heat got on him when he got passed over this week. He's also not the only professional athlete with character, yet it seems to be presented like that.

There's also the fact that this is professional football, and he got a fair shake at being quarterback in Denver. Like any other profession, a better option was present to the Broncos, and they made the choice to go with it.

Then there's this little nugget about him asking not to be used in the wildcat formations today: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-new-york-jets-asked-left-wildcat-sources-say

Last edited:

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I totally agree with everything you are saying - except that he is a poor passer. Does he have the best arm in the NFL? Of course not. But he does have a strong arm and can make excellent throws. He needs more playing time to develop and that's not happening with the Jets. I can't wait to see him out of there!

They didn't even bring him in today for the wildcat. The other guy they used threw an interception. The Jets....no playoffs for them.
Tebow is a horrible passer in the NFL. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.