Question: Saban: We're not running away from Teo

I would disagree here. Missouri and Tennessee are nothing to write home about. Both 5 win teams. Mississippi State went 8-4 but before 'Bama had an easier schedule than my JV High School team. LSU and A&M...this is brutal, I agree. But not an insane 5 game stretch by any means.

Going into the season our first games were an absolute gauntlet. Traveled to Dublin to play Navy, then Purdue, MSU at night, Michigan at night, Miami at Soldier Field, then Stanford. That is a pretty brutal stretch. These teams did not turn out to be what we thought they would. But notice something about every team ... each played in a bowl game (Miami opted out).
Neither is Pitt, but we didn't struggle against them.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I would disagree here. Missouri and Tennessee are nothing to write home about. Both 5 win teams. Mississippi State went 8-4 but before 'Bama had an easier schedule than my JV High School team. LSU and A&M...this is brutal, I agree. But not an insane 5 game stretch by any means.

Going into the season our first games were an absolute gauntlet. Traveled to Dublin to play Navy, then Purdue, MSU at night, Michigan at night, Miami at Soldier Field, then Stanford. That is a pretty brutal stretch. These teams did not turn out to be what we thought they would. But notice something about every team ... each played in a bowl game (Miami opted out).
Which one of those teams, Navy, Purdue, MSU, Michigan or Miami are in the SEC and play an SEC conference schedule? They may be bowling but they suck none the less. Take a look at Mizzou, Tennessee, Miss.St., LSU and A&M schedules and see who those teams lost to. The bowl games will bear out who has the strongest schedules. ;)

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Which one of those teams, Navy, Purdue, MSU, Michigan or Miami are in the SEC and play an SEC conference schedule? They may be bowling but they suck none the less. Take a look at Mizzou, Tennessee, Miss.St., LSU and A&M schedules and see who those teams lost to. The bowl games will bear out who has the strongest schedules. ;)
I don't care if they play in the SEC. You could have looked up their SOS, however, according to Sagarin (34, 54, 36, respectively for Mizzou, Tennessee, Miss. St.), or countered with an actual fact-based argument and I may have conceded my point a little.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
This game. This year with these teams.

BK hasn't been there long enough to build enough depth to match Alabama for four quarters.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Let's try to wrench this one away from the unknowables (I'm no Rumsfeld fan, but that particular quote made a lot of sense, despite the ridicule it received). Let's try to get back to the original technical topic. Saban was saying that we would run at T'eo for the most obvious of reasons - to cut down his angles of pursuit. Anyone still want to talk about that? If not, we'll just close the thread..

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'll take a stab since I started this. Who would be the main blocker to go get him. Chance, Steen?!
I'd think the first choices would be Chance and Jones, depending on which gap he's lined up on. My guess is that we'll see first if one of them can neutralize him alone before going to a double. He has a film history of being "wrong-armed." If there's anyone who can do that, it'll be Jones. It'll be interesting to see how it develops...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I like using Vogler and Williams on the strong side and running off tackle (preferably on flukers side). I think that could be a successful formation to run out of against anybody.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here my thing though. It seems as though teams have tried going away from him, with some success. I haven't seen any to go at him.
I think we'll end up going away from him some though probably not initially by design. Our best RB at popping it outside is Yeldon. When the middle is clogged, he's been very good at finding an outside running lane. It'll be very interesting to see how that develops...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think this game and LSU is where we miss Jalston the most. It would be nice to lead block with him and run behind our TE's. That would be power football at its finest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.