who will stand with the Tide for the BCS game

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
who do you think will pull for the Tide against ND. some, or none of the SEC...ND haters? It appears that ESPN has gone to bed with the Domers, plus the talk of SEC fatigue. Are we standing alone. What's your thoughts?

MEERY CHRISTMAS to the Tide nation!

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I was discussing this with one of my clients last week and he felt that Bama should win but he is pulling for ND because, as we all know, the Nation is tiring of the SEC dominance. I told him I understood his sentiments, but I, for one, am pleased in being in this position. I think it is natural for them to feel this way and I remember feeling like that in the 90's over the 'Bugeaters' (Nebraska). It is also why I care not for the Yankees, or the Cowboys. Human nature seems to lean towards the underdog against a dominating winner moreso than not. I will, however, try to present an aura of class about Bama's and the SEC's success and not come off as arrogant or 'cocky'. I just want to enjoy this ride while it lasts. Thanks Bama!
Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ight! :BigA:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Most of Nebraska is pulling for bama because they dont like the fact Notre Dame is "too scared" to play in a conference and gets rewarded for it. But also most Midwest states outside of Illinoise and Indiana cant stand Notre Dame, its kinda like in the south noone can stand Bama outside of the state of Alabama and some parts of Mississippi

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I will, however, try to present an aura of class about Bama's and the SEC's success and not come off as arrogant or 'cocky'. I just want to enjoy this ride while it lasts. Thanks Bama!
Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ight! :BigA:
This. I talk a little smack prior to big games out here in BigXII country but never after. I never say anything about losses other than, "we just didn't play well enough to win"....and never rub wins in anybody's face even if it's a BCS title game. What our players and coaches accomplish on the field speaks for itself, imo, and as long as we play hard then I can be satisfied with the results and thankful for the wins. As a fan born in the early 70's much of my time following the Tide has been between the CPB and CNS eras and has had it's share of humbling moments. I'm truly enjoying how CNS has transformed us back into winners both on the scoreboard and off of it.

Last edited:

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
I will, however, try to present an aura of class about Bama's and the SEC's success and not come off as arrogant or 'cocky'.
Indeed, that is difficult to pull off. :biggrin:

I live in LSU Country. Before last BCS Championship, my Tiger friends and acquaintances were leery of Bama in a rematch. I reminded them that Coach Miles had beaten Saban two straight and they were ranked #1. I could only assure that the Crimson Tide would show up. All along I was confident that the Tide would roll. After our win, I told them they were still ahead 2 out of 3. :cool:

Oh! That arrogant and cocky stuff, I blame on students and other immature fans. Yes, Rammer Jammer is taunting & tacky. I only participate when we beat Viles and AllBarn. Then, I belt it out with the best. Okay. When we beat Notre Dame, I'll join in Rammer Jammer, with the loudest!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Other than the fanbases of the two schools, I'm not sure either will get much love from anyone.

We're both hated for the same reasons -- huge success, sustained over decades. We've both had extended dark periods, and enemies of both programs thought we were both dead and buried. Then, both experienced a resurgence, and the rest of the college football world is worried.

But because of the SEC fatigue that other conferences and even the "neutral" talking heads don't even pretend to hide any more (look for multiple replays of Dial'***** on Murray, along with criticism of the SEC office for not suspending him), I think ND will have more fans nationwide than we will.

Michigan, Michigan State, USCw and tOSU fans might half-heartedly root for us, but they really wish the whole stadium would just implode on both teams.

SEC rivals? Fuggeddabowdit. They might root for each other, but when it comes to Alabama, they wish us nothing but death. Might get some genuine love from Oklahoma or Penn State fans, but that'll be about it.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
You have more faith in your fellow man than I do. Of course, it is Christmas, and I probably need to get with the spirit a little better.
The problem with haters is that they are often the loudest and most obnoxious of the fans, and because it is the voice you hear more often it leads you to believe that it speaks for the majority. The truth is that the majority of SEC fans will be pulling for us in January, just like the majority of us pull for other SEC teams when they play for the big games. Yes there will be those that choose not to, but the SEC shares a bond that no other conference shares or understands. It is the reason that you will see a big win and the crowd starts chanting S-E-C, in no other conference will you see this, and I actually think it's pretty special. Don't let the haters get you down on everyone else. There's a lot of good, reasonable people out there and unfortunately they are more often than not overshadowed by the idiots.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't care if anyone is for us. Folks laughed at us for years when crippled and they can all take a hike.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.