The Advocate Baton Rouge: 5 reasons LSU should leave SEC

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
LSU writer straddles fence with two articles.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/4741258-32/five-reasons-lsu-should-leave

The time has come.

Imbalanced, arbitrary football schedules, unfavorable bowl politics and a conference office that frequently indicates it is ignoring LSU’s concerns and needs have led the school and its athletic program to this point:

It is time to consider seceding from the Southeastern Conference.

Too much Rammer Jammer for Tigers, while in Alabama's shadeaux.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
Five reasons LSU should stick with the SEC

Rabalais is a rabble rouser. LSU ain't going nowhere.

I'm glad he noted "scheduling inequities" which have plagued Bama, as rivals got a bye before playing The Tide.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/4741535-32/five-reasons-lsu-should-stick

LSU’s membership in the Southeastern Conference has hardly been a perfect marriage, especially in recent years amid growing inequities in football scheduling.

But there are plenty of reasons to stay put in the SEC. Here are five of them:

Last edited:

chattabama12

Scout Team
Oct 22, 2008
Re: Five reasons LSU should stick with the SEC

Hopefully the SEC gets this schedule thing straightened out. lSU will never leave the conference but, I can understand their frustration with the schedule the last two years. I kinda like the way the Pac 12 uses a hybrid approach to cross conference scheduling.

IradMax

Nov 4, 2012
Metairie, LA
If you do not like the Bowl game you were invited to here is a concept, win more games. I am so sick and tired of the typical LSWho fan attitude, it is not their fault they cannot win the big games because they were screwed one way or another.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I couldn't get the first article to come up. All I got was the banner for the paper and the SEC logo with the LSU arm breaking off.

Yeah, they'd be dumb to go. Would they want to leave behind the top football and baseball league?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I don't remember hearing any of this crap from LSU when they beat us 5 years in a row. And I don't hear Florida whining about having to play LSU every year. Good Lord, these corndogs absolutely irk me to no end.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Yea there schedule has been real hard. They had Florida, South Carolina and Texas A&M than a bye than us. Thats murders row right there even with a bye. If that was us we would be just a bit upset also.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Another "the league office is in Birmingham so Alabama benefits unfairly." Funny - how then did we get SIX games against opponents with an off week in 2010? I'm assuming the league office is in Birmingham because that was centrally located before expansion in 92.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
I'm really sorry about their arbitrary imbalanced schedule that gives them a bye week every year before they play us.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Hopefully the SEC gets this schedule thing straightened out. lSU will never leave the conference but, I can understand their frustration with the schedule the last two years.
What? Alabama not only caught the rough side of the schedule in the past, they had to do it while facing team after team (including LSU) coming off a bye.

There's nothing wrong with the schedule. Alabama won the national championship having the #2 SoS in the nation. Who was LSU's OOC this year? It was Washington. This is a manufactured issue. The only thing I hate more than the media saying drivel like this is when Alabama fans get suckered into believing it. There will be easier and more difficult years, that's just how it goes. Was Alabama whining when they had to face Peyton Manning each year?

Alabama's SoS was 33, LSU's was 28. Fix what?

If LSU actually was stupid enough to try and follow Tulane, go for it... I just can't believe any Alabama fans are chirping along with them.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

They'd probably do just as well in the Big XII as they do in the SEC. But they'd be seen as the unwanted stepchild rather than an equal.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

The only point I agree with is dropping the permanent cross division rivalry, it is a relic in the new era of college football.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
What a whiner. As Mama used to say, "fair" is the place you eat cotton candy. Scheduling cuts both ways-- when was the last time LSU played Alabama without a bye week?

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

What? Alabama not only caught the rough side of the schedule in the past, they had to do it while facing team after team (including LSU) coming off a bye.

There's nothing wrong with the schedule. Alabama won the national championship having the #2 SoS in the nation. Who was LSU's OOC this year? It was Washington. This is a manufactured issue. The only thing I hate more than the media saying drivel like this is when Alabama fans get suckered into believing it. There will be easier and more difficult years, that's just how it goes. Was Alabama whining when they had to face Peyton Manning each year?

Alabama's SoS was 33, LSU's was 28. Fix what?

If LSU actually was stupid enough to try and follow Tulane, go for it... I just can't believe any Alabama fans are chirping along with them.
I normally agree with your posts but you are wrong here and we had a bye before the LSU game. When we had that scheduling conflict every day someone would posts here complaining about it. We complained and they changed it. This guy should complain just as we would if the schedules were reversed. I have Crimson colored glasses but not to the point I can't tell when someone has a legitimate beef. LSU played 4 teams in the final top 10 of the BCS poll one of them being us. We played 2 one of them being them. As an Alabama, fan for having another chance to win a title, we could not ask for a better schedule than the one we have.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.