***OT Brandon Hill recommits to Alabama***

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I can't help but think the document thing is being used against Alabama. It's an SEC thing, not an Alabama thing and this kid was committed to Alabama for a long time. To try and portray it as though Alabama strong-armed him into playing here is misleading. Having said that, I'll reiterate that with the stupid signing limit, it only makes sense that the SEC does have a rule like this. It's messed up that you can basically throw a scholarship away, and have the guy go to another school in the conference. If you took up a slot, then he should have an obligation.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea the AJC is not quite "fair" towards us anyways, so always take what that recruiting dude always writes.

I'm very sure it was explained to them in this day and age what that paper meant.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
An explanation from the AJC on exactly what the document was that Hill and his mother signed.

SEC Financial Aid Agreement

and why this did not apply to Massie a few years back....

Massie received good advice...

I'm amazed the old SEC Financial Aid Agreement is still around...:conf3:

Sounds like Saban & Co. got Hill and his Mom to "sign." Obviously, they knew he was "signing" with Alabama. Now whether he still wanted to attend Alabama when he woke up the next morning or called Freeze is a whole other story. No team lets a guy just change his mind after signing. (By the way I bet what he signed bound Bama to him too, or else it is not a valid contract). Bama couldn't change its mind if Tunsil and Golston tried to commit later that day. One sided contracts are illegal and are what we call slavery.

If they really claimed they thought they were signing paperwork for a lunch reimbursement, then this is not clever by Bama, it is fraud.

If you don't know what to do - DON'T SIGN!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.