More Trash Tees from Notre Dame

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Noted. However, Bama has become more and more selective and has really raised its academic standing. Also, more than half of our student body is from out of state now...
Yep; my undergrad transcript was solid (not great) and I got accepted to the law school at UA and I'm from Texas; the only problem was out of state tuition. I decided to stay in Texas at a school where I got a scholarship rather than come out owing 50k+. They were definitely trying to attract more out of state people with the law school; I'm sure the undergrad and other grad programs are the same way.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
For 2009, Indiana's per capital income was something like a whopping $600 dollars more than Alabama. I seriously doubt that that differential is going to fund a vast difference in the number of mobile homes. In fact, when the difference in federal transfer payments (not counted in taxable income) is considered, the per capita disposable income in Alabama is greater, but, shush - don't tell them. Also don't tell them that our law school ranks 29th in the country and theirs ranks 59th. Wouldn't want to mess with their self-image...
Indiana is also the state with the most members in the KKK, just saying...

Last edited:

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Noted. However, Bama has become more and more selective and has really raised its academic standing. Also, more than half of our student body is from out of state now...
Granted.

My good friend and ND alum once told me the story of an Indiana-ND game at South Bend that best illustrates ND's Indiana quotient. During the IU band's halftime performance, IU's announcer said over the PA, "we're all Hoosiers." The crowd booed loudly...

venegoni

Scout Team
Mar 18, 2007
Indiana is the biker capital of america, straight up trash. ND fans should know not to point fingers, several more usually get pointed back at you. BTW, ND embraces the catholic faith and with that you have to take the bad that comes with it. You can not just claim only the good stuff.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Well, to be fair, my son's just 24, and in his lifetime, to my utter amazement & disgust, the local KKK chapter has sponsored a float in the July 4th parade...back when we lived in western Indiana.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
I attended the 1980 Bama/ND game at Legion Field. There was more bad blood between the fanbases outside (and inside) the stadium than just about any game I've seen. I saw a couple of fights, including one in the stands. Agitating people with this sort of trash talk usually isn't a good idea.

OTOH, I hope our players are paying attention...

Irish Jacky

Dec 27, 2012
The t-shirt that started this thread has been roundly criticized on "NDNation", one of the top ND sports fan sites.

I am a Catholic and a ND fan. I'm also originally from Pennsylvania, a very Catholic state. I can tell you from first-hand experience that Penn State fans (many of them Catholics) hate ND as much or more than any other fanbase in the country.

'Bana also has a lot of Catholic fans.

This game isn't about religion. It's about football. The bigoted remarks--pedophilia, incest whatever--have no place in discussions about a game between two such fine schools.

WilhelmDND80

Nov 29, 2012
As you know from my prior posts, I am a Domer. I can say without equivocation that those trash tees are just that and do NOT represent the vast majority of Notre Dame alums (and, probably a large swath of the total fan base) . . . unfortunately, some knucklehead with an internet connection and a few bucks screened some ridiculous tee shirts. For what I call the "true ND fan," we respect the Tide, their team, history and tradition. We certainly want to win on 1/7 but, probably just like all of you, with class and dignity; those tees do not represent either.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
For 2009, Indiana's per capital income was something like a whopping $600 dollars more than Alabama. I seriously doubt that that differential is going to fund a vast difference in the number of mobile homes. In fact, when the difference in federal transfer payments (not counted in taxable income) is considered, the per capita disposable income in Alabama is greater, but, shush - don't tell them. Also don't tell them that our law school ranks 29th in the country and theirs ranks 59th. Wouldn't want to mess with their self-image...
HSV, which law school in Indiana? ND ranks 22nd (I have a vested interest in this ranking). Bama is around 29. No real difference here (besides tuition), but just an observation.

tonyjem71

Aug 19, 2009
A million apologies if anyone was offended by the thought of my shirt design. I also apologize for the poor spelling of pedophile...lol. I meant to only lash out at the TShirt people.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.