More Trash Tees from Notre Dame

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
For 2009, Indiana's per capital income was something like a whopping $600 dollars more than Alabama. I seriously doubt that that differential is going to fund a vast difference in the number of mobile homes. In fact, when the difference in federal transfer payments (not counted in taxable income) is considered, the per capita disposable income in Alabama is greater, but, shush - don't tell them. Also don't tell them that our law school ranks 29th in the country and theirs ranks 59th. Wouldn't want to mess with their self-image...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I spent a month in Indiana this Summer with my job and I'm telling you that that there is no discernable difference between that state and Alabama except Indianapolis is a far more robust city than Birmingham. Of course, to be real...most Notre Dame alumni probably are from Illinois (Chicago specifically) and across the nation. I know a few people who went to school when I was an undergrad at Alabama that went to Notre Dame for their graduate school education. I really doubt most Indianians go there. They probably attend Purdue and IU.

tonyjem71

Aug 19, 2009
How about this for a T Shirt....(No disrespect to the religion)

Dang! It wont post.... its supposed to be a green T-Shirt with two pictures...one of a priest and an alter boy and one of the Roll Tide Elephants charging in the water...and the shirt reads:

Pedifiles
VS.
Pachyderms.....

Elephants never forget 1973 and neither do Alter Boys.

Sorry if its tasteless....I thought it was hillarious.

Last edited:

bamacpa70

1st Team
Nov 17, 2003
Roanoke, VA
How about this for a T Shirt....(No disrespect to the religion)

Dang! It wont post.... its supposed to be a green T-Shirt with two pictures...one of a priest and an alter boy and one of the Roll Tide Elephants charging in the water...and the shirt reads:

Pedifiles
VS.
Pachyderms.....

Elephants never forget 1973 and neither do Alter Boys.

Sorry if its tasteless....I thought it was hillarious.
Can't see the shirt, but I really hope it doesn't read "pedifiles".

Last edited:

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Calling Catholics pedophiles is more offensive than anything Notre Dame has or will come up with. Anyone posting that can't talk about class to anyone.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I spent a month in Indiana this Summer with my job and I'm telling you that that there is no discernable difference between that state and Alabama except Indianapolis is a far more robust city than Birmingham. Of course, to be real...most Notre Dame alumni probably are from Illinois (Chicago specifically) and across the nation. I know a few people who went to school when I was an undergrad at Alabama that went to Notre Dame for their graduate school education. I really doubt most Indianians go there. They probably attend Purdue and IU.
I duplicated a project for the State of Indiana in 1996 that we'd done for the State of Alabama and spent about 6 months in Indianapolis. I don't know that it's that much more robust than BHam but I used to kid them about how homely their women were.

I drove us in from the outskirts to downtown central each morning and had a guy from Mobile and a guy from Cleveland, OH riding with me. One day as I was navigating the drive through blinding snow and ice about 6 inches thick the guy from Mobile remarked on how good I was at getting us to work on time despite the weather conditions. The guy from Cleveland said, "yeah, they see that Alabama tag on the front, (Bama 92 championship tag), and they get out of his way".

The head of the state agency was a Michigan Alum, so he and I had some good natured trash talk before the Bama vs Michigan game. I just smiled when I saw him after we won.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
talk is cheap. once the pads are put on and the hitting begins we will find out which team wants it more. I am so glad that ESPN and all the talking heads are falling all over themselves about Notre Dame. all the attention and the spot light is on them, which means the pressure is starting to mount. I love the fact that you don't see Coach doing the talk show rounds, the interviews, the "in depth specials" on his preperation for the game. that just tells me he is focused like a laser on this game and so are the players.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I watched an old 30 For 30 yesterday about the "U". The Miami players talked about how badly the Catholics vs Convicts shirts ticked them off. I feel certain the players are seeing these trash talking T-shirts.

Be that as it may, Pachyderms vs Pedophiles is in extremely poor taste.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
For 2009, Indiana's per capital income was something like a whopping $600 dollars more than Alabama. I seriously doubt that that differential is going to fund a vast difference in the number of mobile homes...
Earle, I get what you're saying. I have two things to add:
1) Notre Dame is as much an Indiana school as the Naval Academy is a Maryland school. Its students come from all over much more than do Alabama's
2) The interesting thing to me about this is that Notre Dame prides itself in its heritage as a selective university for those on whom the established schools looked down - stereotypically, inner city and Catholic; just a generation or two off the boat; people for whom a mobile home would have been an improvement versus a big city tenement

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Earle, I get what you're saying. I have two things to add:
1) Notre Dame is as much an Indiana school as the Naval Academy is a Maryland school. Its students come from all over much more than do Alabama's
2) The interesting thing to me about this is that Notre Dame prides itself in its heritage as a selective university for those on whom the established schools looked down - stereotypically, inner city and Catholic; just a generation or two off the boat; people for whom a mobile home would have been an improvement versus a big city tenement
Noted. However, Bama has become more and more selective and has really raised its academic standing. Also, more than half of our student body is from out of state now...

bamacpa70

1st Team
Nov 17, 2003
Roanoke, VA
Calling Catholics pedophiles is more offensive than anything Notre Dame has or will come up with. Anyone posting that can't talk about class to anyone.
I'm Catholic and I don't find it offensive at all. What I find offensive is covering up the behavior to protect the institution. If the Domers can't take it, perhaps they shouldn't dish it out.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
I'm a Catholic. It's an offensive shirt. Period. It's insulting to Catholics just like saying people from Alabama marry their cousins, but even more so. Notre Dame's football program and its fans didn't cover up anything so they shouldn't be smeared.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If you have even been to South Bend, you understand just how absurd the "mobile homes" tee really is. That tee must have been designed by a fan who has never been to a ND home game, much less attended the school.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Both fanbases have a very ugly side to them. All do. Alabama fans like to think of themselves as classier than most. Notre Dame fans do, too. For the most part, we're both right.

We have Harvey Updyke and Brian Downing, and a portion of our fanbase treats them like celebrities.

Somewhere among the legion of Irish fans are people just like Updyke, Downing and people who aren't the least bit ashamed of or embarrassed by them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.