News Article: Good Article on Tebow, for all the Haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
I truly believe that Tim is a good person and a great leader. Pro football is a business. GMs don't care about your beliefs if you can play. Being a Christian, I don't mind him wearing it on his sleeve. I actually like to see a guy stand for something and risk the criticism. He doesn't complain his fans do. I hope he is successful. I just don't feel he should be given a pass on his ability or lack there of either.
Reggie White was open about his faith but he could dominate CONSISTENTLY not just in the fourth qtr. JMO

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
So you're saying Tebow is hot? LOL. Jk.
Actually that is kind of what I am saying. Both are good looking, terrible at their sport, get opportunities they shouldn’t get because they are more celebrities than athletes, other athletes in their sport hate them and constantly complain that they are/were getting too much attention. Tebow is showing up in magazines that aren’t sports/football related.

I for one an sick and tired of hearing/reading about Tebow. He is not an NFL capable QB. The only people that seem to not know it are him and his fans. Anyone that knows the NFL or football in general knows he stinks. He is a novelty just like Anna was.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Tebow is hard to quantify as a player. A lot of what he does is elevate a team, but the Jets are simply unelevatable this year. The Broncos are elevatable, something that Manning must have recognized given what they have achieved this year.

I just don't see Tebow as the starting QB, anywhere. We all knew that 3 years ago. His mechanics are horrible. He telegraphs everything he does. Even in college ball, he only really had one good year, and even then he lost a game, to Ole Miss. By the end of his career, Alabama had him totally figured out.

As for all the Tebow angst, I'm not sure where it comes from. There are a lot of Christians in the NFL, a lot of guys point at heaven after a TD, or thank God after the game, etc etc. Yes Tebow is more demonstratively Christian, a wait-til-married type of guy which must be pretty rare in the NFL. It must be a combination of these things plus the Heisman and the general hype that followed Tebow, with the whacky last-minute wins at Denver and the extremely unforgiving Jets fans piling on.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Matthew 10:22 And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved.

No other second-rate quarterback fighting for a starting chance has ever gotten the hate he has.
Tebow...didn't he used to play QB somewhere? UF maybe? Whatever happened to that guy? ;) (just kidding)

As noted in another thread, I share his professed faith, and yet am not a fan of his. He has a long-time knack for making it all about him. As to the final point above, no other second-rate QB fighting for a starting chance has ever gotten the love & attention & non-stop ESPN coverage that Tim has either.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
As for all the Tebow angst, I'm not sure where it comes from.
You're honestly not tired of this guy? There isn't a more polarizing figure in the NFL than Tim Tebow. He's plastered all over ESPN and has been since college. I still don't understand why people are so enamored with this guy. He's a backup QB for crying out loud. Honestly, his completion percentage was 34th in the league in 2011.....there's only 32 teams. I was so happy when he finally left UF so I wouldn't have to hear about him anymore once he faded into oblivion. The problem is, it actually got worse when he got to the NFL. Why are people still talking about this guy?

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I speak for all of us when I say, we're mostly just tired of hearing about him. Aren't there another 1000+ football players in the NFL, and at least 50 really good football players that are good people too? And for the record, I can't stand Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or any other quarterback that beat Alabama when they played college football.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I like Tim Tebow. He was 8-5 as a starter in Denver and I'm not convinced he can't find a team where he can start and succeed. Maybe not, but he got Denver into the playoffs last year.

He's talked about a lot because of his unorthodox style in addition to being a Christian. Everyone knows he can't win as a drop back passer, but there is something about how he motivates those around him and his work ethic. The Jets use of him this year was just strange.

I'm a Christian and admire all Christians who wear their religion on their sleeve. It's what the religion asks us to do.

Some of you bashers did not read the article.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I'm a Christian and admire all Christians who wear their religion on their sleeve. It's what the religion asks us to do.
Careful! There are numerous examples of our fellow Christians being very public w/ their faith in such a way & with such behaviors that it reflects quite negatively on the Gospel, the Faith, & all the rest of us.

With that said, your point is well taken in that none of us are supposed to be Christians in private only. Completely agree.

Also agree that the whole Jets thing w/ Tim this year has been just bizarre from the beginning. But then, we're talking about a Rex-coached team, so "bizarre" is to be expected. ;)

I wish Tim well. (and no, I didn't read the article; I was just commenting on Tebow-mania in gen'l.) I just find him much too self-centered in public. Sometimes, he comes across as "I'm the most humble guy ever!" Off-putting. I'm also put off by the lambasting I've received by daring to pull against Tim (note: this does not refer to you, GB!) Family members & friends have essentially said "you're not supporting a fellow Christian? Confess your sin immediately!"

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Don't hate him, just think he's overrated and two-faced. He cried when Gmac beat him the first time and quit the second time.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Don't hate him, just think he's overrated and two-faced. He cried when Gmac beat him the first time and quit the second time.
If by "he quit the second time" you mean after GMac was promoted over him, Tebow denies this was the case in the article post by the OP.

If not, what are you in reference to?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If by "he quit the second time" you mean after GMac was promoted over him, Tebow denies this was the case in the article post by the OP.

If not, what are you in reference to?
I've heard a few versions and they all add up to he took back quitting, but that's not how quitting works.

Of course he's trying to walk it back now, but Tebow when he was injured was still wildcat QB. He wasn't last game, and I don't care if the sources are out in the open or not, there's a reason Tebow wasn't the wildcat QB. The reports are also that he came back later and changed his mind, but I'm just tired of this whole fantasy. Tebow is bad as a starting QB and we all know had he been committed to play wildcat he would have played wildcat.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
McCarron cried when he was ALMOST beat by LSU this year. And now you are questioning the integrity of a man that you do not know.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
McCarron cried when he was ALMOST beat by LSU this year. And now you are questioning the integrity of a man that you do not know.
If only I'd known about Tebow and his actions going all the way back to high school.

We don't know most public figures personally, we have no more or less room to comment on Tebow than we do to comment on Saban, Kiffin, Metta World Peace, Michael Jordan, Dennis Rodman, or any other public sports figure. The truth is we do learn things about these people as time goes by and frankly the more I learn about Tebow the more I dislike him. Alabama hat and all, I really didn't dislike him until I started to see what things were really like when he was at Florida and how he's been behaving himself in the NFL.

As to AJ, if you think he was crying because he almost lost you're not getting it. Tebow is an entitled brat.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I for one an sick and tired of hearing/reading about Tebow. He is not an NFL capable QB. The only people that seem to not know it are him and his fans. Anyone that knows the NFL or football in general knows he stinks. He is a novelty just like Anna was.
Actually, he reminds me more of Danica Patrick. Read any article, on a NASCAR race, and they always have to mention where she finished.

IOW, a lot of wasted "ink" on someone who is a non-factor. Maybe if he was actually a starting QB, for an entire season, and showed he earned the right to be a starting QB...........

Until then, just a side show, not deserving all the "ink" and air time. His personal life has nothing to do with the fatigue.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As to AJ, if you think he was crying because he almost lost you're not getting it. Tebow is an entitled brat.
Not knowing either man personally, but knowing a few really competitive athletes, I would guess that both were crying for exactly the same reason - their passion for the game, and the incredible pressure of the moment.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Not knowing either man personally, but knowing a few really competitive athletes, I would guess that both were crying for exactly the same reason - their passion for the game, and the incredible pressure of the moment.
Or, Tebow cries when he doesn't get his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.